Warning eBay sets your postage to FREE on eBay app

This morning, I sold an item $10 with postage costs $8.25

Next I receive an email from the buyer, demanding free postage. Checked listing, postage set correctly at $8.25. Buyer sent me a screenshot of their eBay app, really showing free postage. Contacted eBay who says there is a "glitch" in the system. Had to cancel transaction and endure nasty emails from buyer. What will happen next - free items with free postage? To cop negative feedback. Truly unimpressed.

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Smiley LOL  which is what I'd be doing -  there are just too many glitches lately

Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

I suppose that's what they call enhancing the buyer experience.  Smiley Frustrated

I know it's ebay's fault but the buyer isn't entirely blameless in this instance because they would have seen the postage charges when they first paid and have no right to get upset later.  I'd say if their e-cheque bounced then they're just using the postage incident as an opportunity to back out of their purchase, and this has helped them draw attention away from their bounced e-cheque.

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

@englishrosegardens wrote:

I'd say if their e-cheque bounced then they're just using the postage incident as an opportunity to back out of their purchase, and this has helped them draw attention away from their bounced e-cheque.

I thought the same thing, they obviously knew their eCheque bounced as they tried to pay again before I could send them a message. If I had sent a failed eCheque I'd be mortified and be sending profuse apologies, but the buyer made my special list with the way they decided to handle it. Smiley Frustrated

Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

There is a huge push from my ecommerce platform BigCommerce to sell on eBay. Had several emails and phone calls. BC updated the site functionality, basically pushing eBay to us right left and centre. Yet unable to offer basics such as previewing custom changed pages (you have to place a faux order to actually see what they look like). Things like this did not bother me much until now. Is BC and other ecommerce platforms offering eBay as a sales channel aware of this? And how damaging this would be to their customers? 

Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

We are off track now- what can we do about "fre postage" when it is pickup only?
Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

This is a 9 month old thread.....if you need help you should start your own thread.

If you mean the listing is showing Free Postage on an item that is for pickup only you will probably find the listing has been set up incorrectly.  You don't just put $0.00 in the postage section....the seller needs to use the Pickup only option when setting the listing up.

Message 26 of 26
Latest reply