What can I do with angry 'rogue' buyer going wild?

Well, here comes with this week's buyer show. 

I'm kind of enjoying to see this, no matter what the outcome will be. 

There's one buyer from Germany (with his two eBay accounts), related one Item Not Received case, one Return Request, and two negative feedbacks.

Buyer’s first eBay ID  <Removed>  Sold eBay Item number    162563487452

Item Not Received case 5141997232

Return request 5061102431

Buyer’s second eBay ID <Removed>Sold eBay Item number 162591058885

Buyer’s name in the shipping address in both orders <Removed>

Buyer’s postcode 09456, Germany

I’m afraid this buyer has clearly violated eBay’s ‘Buying Practices policy’ on the following four or more aspects/facts:

A,   the buyer <Removed> made unreasonable demands, in the already closed Item Not Received case, case number 5141997232  , buyer expressed his demand of getting a partial refund in exchange of revising the negative feedback he left for us.

B,   the buyer <Removed>  used his second eBay account <Removed> , bought item ( 162591058885 ) from us, not pay for it and immediately left negative feedback, purely for revenge purpose. He wrote this in the feedback:

Dont buy, Its a cheater

C,    Buyer not paying for item, yet left negative feedback.

D,     Buyer is abusing the buyer protection programs and misusing eBay returns, in the return request 5061102431, as he’s purely wants to revenge for receive the order late and eBay decided the first item not received case in the seller’s favor and removed his negative feedback.

More details follows:

The buyer’s first purchase:

Buyer eBay ID <Removed> 

Sold eBay Item No.    162563487452

Buyer eBay account Email    XXXXXX-jessica@t-online.de

PayPal transaction ID9L518948J3027654F

Tracking no. FedEx 742373786655

Buyer paid date 27-June-2017

PayPal Payment From:

<Removed>  (The sender of this payment is Non-US Verified)

Buyer's ID:<Removed> 

Buyer's Email: mauXXXXX-hans@t-online.de

Shipping address:

Jessica MauXXXX

Barbara-UthmanXXXX YY

09456 Annaberg-Buchholz

Germany

Phone number + 49157XXXXXX

We shipped the order out quickly, unfortunately there’s a shipping problem with TNT/FedEx since the end of June to even today.

Buyer didn’t receive the item within the expected normal shipping time, so he left us a negative feedback without contacting us, saying ‘shipping is too slow’, and opened an Item Not Received case without contacting us, the case number is  5141997232   

We communicated with the buyer actively in the case and eBay message, provided him regular updates of the tracking status, sincerely apologized to him many times for any inconvenience caused and would like to offer him any kind of help needed to make it right.

We explained the late shipment/shipping problem is caused by TNT’s system outage, which is beyond our control. We also provided official explain/apology letter (see attachment) from TNT/FedEx regarding this particular package shipping problem.

However the buyer was not happy, kept calling us cheater and insisted on letting eBay step in to decide the not received case.

The delay in the shipping, the defect, the buyer’s negative feedback, and late shipment was the direct result of systemic delays in shipping, it is wide-scale shipping carrier delays (TNT/FedEx shipping delays due to their whole IT systems been brought down by hacking/computer virus attack).

So after eBay customer support stepped into the case, eBay decided the case in the seller’s favor, closed the case and removed this buyer’s negative feedback.

Buyer’s second purchase:

Buyer ID: <Removed>       Item No.  162591058885

Shipping address:   

<Removed> 

EisenstraXXXX YY

Mildenau, 09456

Germany

03733 XXXXX

Buyer is really angry about we won the item not received case and eBay removed his negative feedback left to us.

So he used his second eBay account <Removed>  to buy one of our listed item ( 162591058885  ) and left a negative feedback their to revenge. The negative feedback reads

Dont buy, Its a cheater

The two eBay accounts are clearly in this same person’s control:

The buyer’s first eBay account <Removed>   used name <Removed>  , post code 09456  in the PayPal transaction final shipping address.

The buyer’s second eBay account <Removed>  used name <Removed> and post code 09456 as his eBay shipping address.

I would say eBay can easily see this is the same personal.

After the second eBay account’s none-paying revenge negative feedback,

buyer also used his <Removed>  account to create a return request with return ID 5061102431

Again without contacting us first to resolve the issue. The reason is ‘Missing parts or pieces’.  We did pack the order very well, normally check all the parts belong to the order for several times. However this buyer is claiming some parts are missing after he received the order. The item is listed as return not accepted, however as eBay seller, if the buyer claimed there’s missing parts with the order, the seller will forced to pay the return postage and have the item returned.

The product in the order is around 5KG, shipping via DHL is rather expensive even we already had big discount from DHL for mass shipping. There’s no cheap shipping available for such bulky and heavy item. I’m afraid we are going to pay really expensive return postage, if the buyer, win this unfair, dishonesty, abusing return case.

We’ve tried our best to keep calm, remain restrained and provide the best service to this buyer, however, this buyer is against eBay’s buying practice and bullying on us. Please carefully review and investigate the information we’ve provided and protect your seller from such cyber violence.

I’m afraid this buyer has clearly violated eBay’s ‘Buying Practices policy’ on the following four or more aspects/facts:

A,    the buyer <Removed>  made unreasonable demands, in the already closed item not received case, case number 5141997232 , buyer expressed his demand of getting a partial refund in exchange of revising the negative feedback he left to us.

B,    the buyer <Removed> used his second eBay account <Removed> , bought item ( 162591058885 ) from us, not pay it and immediately left negative feedback, purely for revenge purpose. He wrote this in the feedback:

Dont buy, Its a cheater

C,    Buyer not paying for item, yet left negative feedback.

D,     Buyer is abusing the buyer protection programs and misusing eBay returns, in the return request 5061102431, as he’s purely wants to revenge for receiving the order late and eBay decided the first case in the seller’s favor and removed his negative feedback. 

We’ll try to keep communicate with this buyer and try to solve this return case 5061102431 actively.

What's your suggestion?

Best Regards,

Winnie

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Report the buyer to eBay. Open an unpaid item dispute on the unpaid item, then close it 4 days later. The buyer gets a well deserved strike, eBay will remove the negative feedback. If it doesn't automatically get removed on closure of the dispute, give them a call and they'll remove it. Just make sure you tell them that the buyer didn't pay and the unpaid item dispute is closed.

Make sure you add both ID's to your blocked buyer list. If they create another account to revenge buy, contact eBay because they are creating new accounts to get around a block. That's a violation. If they keep doing it, eBay will shut them down.

As for the rest, there is no point giving us case numbers as there is nothing anyone here can do about it. All it does is make a long post even longer. Same as there is no point adding transaction numbers and what not.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

i'd do as tippy said and lodge a unpaid item dispute and take it from there.

i must admit i lost interest after the first few paragraphs with all the unnecessary detail Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Yep I realize this. Is there an edit button for the posts?

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Nope, the eBay forums aren't smart enough for that. They give you just enough time to reload the page to fix a typo, if you're lucky. After that ridiculously short time has expired you cannot edit anything (however, moderators can edit anyone's posts).
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

You only have 5 minutes to edit. Did you open an unpaid item dispute yet?

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply