What do you do when a buyer pays for an item but then doesn't pick it up, 3 weeks after sale several

messages later, car broken down among excuses given, my question is what are the next steps can I give a chronological ultimatum ? or do I have to hold indefinately as nothing was stipulated in initial invoice ?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

What do you do when a buyer pays for an item but then doesn't pick it up, 3 weeks after sale several

email him, say you are willing to hold for a further  xx days, and if it is not collected by xxxFeb,2014, you will have to refund his payment, less your ebay fees and storage costs.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

email him, say you are willing to hold for a further  xx days, and if it is not collected by xxxFeb,2014, you will have to refund his payment, less your ebay fees and storage costs.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks  I have tried your suggestion, annoyingly they only paid a dollar, so not much room for compensation there, I am still concerned of the legality of this and wether they can still leave nasty feedback, we will wait and see

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

they came a runnin after ultimatum left, about 30 minutes later amazing
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

BUYER HAS PAID BUT NOT PICKED UP

Confirmed the below today with ebay rep over the phone 18/06/14

I will put in my two bob...

Seller has a pick up item to sell.

Seller has specified in the ad very specifically the timeframe of pickup eg within 2 weeks (Seller has to have done this)

Buyer bids and pays - by paypal or bank deposit or even cash.

Seller continues communication with buyer about pickup taking place - buyer may or may not communicate (irrelevant either way)

2 weeks comes and goes with no pickup.

Seller submits a request to cancel transaction with buyer.  Buyer can only agree to cancel. Seller cannot cancel.  Via the cancellation process within Ebay Seller outlines why they wish to cancel and informs the buyer that the 2 weeks are up and that they will be refunded in full.

Seller refunds paypal payment in full to buyer.

Seller relists item on ebay.

Seller blocks the buyer on their blocked buyers list.

Buyer may be angry etc (irrelevant)

Seller then appeals to ebay to have final value fees refunded and have any negative fallout from buyer reversed.

Ebay will in most cases refund the Final Value Fee.  

Seller = Time wasted but no money lost and not waiting any further time with messages/phone calls etc and second guessing.

Buyer = probably hasn't learnt a lesson but is unable to affect this seller further.

Keep records of all discussions.  

Better to have transactions done via Ebay messaging so it's all there rather than using telephone conversations and texts.  Ebay can see all of this and do take it into account when making decisions.

I have done this and I have done the waiting around, chasing route and the above is better with THOSE buyers.  

I think judging each buyer on a case by case basis is good as things do happen but at anytime it's getting too much for the seller the above is always an option to get a resolution happening.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply