What means "delayed" in AP tracking

I sold item 24thNovember, posted 25th to small place past Nhill and the buyer is not happy because it is not delivered as yet.  The problem is that the tracking said estimated delivery Tuesday 26th!!!!! from Melbourne.  And now it says "delayed".  does it mean it is lost?

parcel missing.JPG

Message 1 of 41
Latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

It should not matter for same state deliveries with no possible airtravel.

Message 11 of 41
Latest reply

pnc75
Community Member

In my case it menas that it's disappeared into the black hole that is the new mail sorting centre in Brisbane. Nearly every package since it opened has been 'Delayed'. Thank heavens I have a 5 day handling time but usually post the next day. 

Message 12 of 41
Latest reply

Are there any bushfires between you and your buyer?

A lot of mail is being delayed in NSW and Queensland because of the fires and I suppose there must be other areas affected as well.

Had an email from my OH's cousin in Canada on Friday asking if we were being affected by the fires....apparently the TV stations are making quite a fuss about them and pushing how close to Sydney they were.  Air quality was being mentioned as well.

Message 13 of 41
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Are there any bushfires between you and your buyer?

A lot of mail is being delayed in NSW and Queensland because of the fires and I suppose there must be other areas affected as well.

Had an email from my OH's cousin in Canada on Friday asking if we were being affected by the fires....apparently the TV stations are making quite a fuss about them and pushing how close to Sydney they were.  Air quality was being mentioned as well.

There's fires around Katoomba in the valley heading towards the 3 Sisters, and also the Shoalhaven area. Katoomba is seen as a Sydney suburb if it suits them. I'd imagine with wind, the southern fires could pollute your air.

We have rain today, and last night, which is great. A very welcome change from constant dust storms. I'm sick of seeing everything being orange!!!

I haven't heard of any fires in Victoria, but that's certainly something to consider if there are any. I have a parcel to post to Qld tomorrow. I think I might send the buyer a message when I post it saying there could be delays due to the NSW fires. Thanks for the reminder on the delays. We are far enough away from any fires where it's something easily forgotten (the delays, not the fires).

Message 14 of 41
Latest reply

I am in Melbourne, she is past Nhill (that is on SA border), not sure if there were any fires or floods.  AP post has been pretty slow lately.  I buy clothing from Europe and they come with detailed tracking.  I had something coming few weeks back and it took almost 2 weeks to get here after the last tracking event said "processed through facility in Melbourne".  As i live in Melbourne I expected it within day or so.   And items bought from nearby (Eastern  - south/Eastern) suburbs go first to sorting center in the west, and take several days to get here.  😞

Message 15 of 41
Latest reply

Oh, you wait until you buy something from Melbourne, with the item going via Sunshine West, then Chullora in NSW, then Underwood in Qld, then back to Chullora, then back to Underwood, then back to Sunshine West, then back to Chullora, then back to Sunshine West, then a quick trip to SA, then back to Underwood, back to Sunshine West, and you get it 3 weeks later in Melbourne. You haven't lived until you've had that happen.

Aust Post told us that the automated sorting centres would ensure quicker deliveries. I had one parcel scanned 3-4 times a day for 2 weeks at Chullora, until I requested they send a human in there to intercept it. The buyer got it the next day.

Message 16 of 41
Latest reply

LOL

Few years back I got one parcel from seller only about 2 suburbs away and it took 4 weeks, when it finally arrived it had a sticker saying it went through OSAKA.  Yes, the one in Japan  🙂

Message 17 of 41
Latest reply

Our air quality has been terrible here for over a week now.....hazy and smelling of smoke.  If it is very windy the haze may clear for a few hours in the middle of the day to let the sun poke through.

My point really was that it is so bad that it is making headlines overseas yet so many people who live here are completely oblivious to possible delays in the mail.

Message 18 of 41
Latest reply

I don't think there's any fires in Victoria. We've still got winter weather here, at least in the south of the state. I'm looking forward to the temperature getting over 20 again! Today it was higher than the forecast but still only 14. It rained last night and again today but that always happens every time I finish mowing everything. At least the grass won't get up to my shoulders again till next spring.

Message 19 of 41
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 wrote:

I don't think there's any fires in Victoria. We've still got winter weather here, at least in the south of the state. I'm looking forward to the temperature getting over 20 again! Today it was higher than the forecast but still only 14. It rained last night and again today but that always happens every time I finish mowing everything. At least the grass won't get up to my shoulders again till next spring.

Good for you. We had a  top of 7C today. I would sell my mother to an axe murderer for 2 months of rain. She knows it too!!

Message 20 of 41
Latest reply