When selling item for cash on delivery

jk_1900
Community Member

I listed an item for auction for 'Pick up  only' -- cash on delivery.    There was no way I could bypass the details on postage.  How do I bypass postage details when not required?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

are you intending to offer both

Pick up (where the winner picks up from you)

AND

Cash On Delivery (where the buyer pays you or your agent the contract price after the goods have been delivered to them)

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

@jk_1900 wrote:

How do I bypass postage details when not required?

In the postage section of the listing form, click 'Add or remove options' (it will be next to the heading). When the window pops up, make sure the 'Local pick-up' box is ticked, then save.

After that, the option 'No postage, local pick up only', should be able to be selected from the postage options in the dropdown menu. Use 'Pay on pick-up' in the payments section rather than Cash on delivery (you may need to 'add or remove options' in that section to reveal it). 

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Cash on delivery is an Australia Post product so you cannot avoid the postage details while ever you offer COD.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I think you mean you want to offer Cash on PICKUP,  very different to cash on Delivery

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

additionally, I would have as the first line in my description that "This item is for pickup only, no postage options are available".  The reason I would do this is that some members have reported that when viewing "pickup only" items on their phones it shows as "Free Postage" on their phones.  Having this as the first line in your description makes it perfectly clear for all that read the description.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

The free postage showing for pickup items is not just happening on peoples iPhones it's happening for me on my pc.
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:
The free postage showing for pickup items is not just happening on peoples iPhones it's happening for me on my pc.

I wasn't aware that it wasn't limited to those viewing on their phones, and all the more reason why sellers should have that as the first line of their description for pickup only items.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:

That usually happens because the Pick-up only option isn't available to select by default. When you list an item, you can leave the postage option and fields in the listing form blank if you just tick the Local pick-up box, which is what a lot of people do if they never see or click on the add or remove options link, but listing that will always display in search results on any PC etc as 'Free postage'. If you select the option No postage, local pick-up only, then Pick-up only:Free will display in search results. 

I don't know if the different listing options display differently on a mobile, though.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

I don't know if the different listing options display differently on a mobile, though.

Ok, I just checked on my iPod - in the search results, some listings display as Price + Free but when clicked on, the postage section says "Free - local pick-up". Others display just as Price + Local pick-up, so presumably the listing options selected affect the app results in the same way.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply