Why do eBay entertain scammers.

A few weeks ago I sold some 9ct scrap gold for around $330.

Last week the buyer decided he didn't think the gold was really all 9ct gold (it was clearly marked) and contacted eBay to get me to refund him.

Because eBay tend to side with buyers and I wasn't interested in an argument I agreed to it.He would now have to return my items before his Pay Pal payment would be returned.

Today I received his return package, it had a tracking number so he would know that I had received it.Upon opening it, this is what I received, .. a piece of worthless **bleep** worth no more than $1. (see photo)

I immediatly contacted eBay and they where very sympathetic and helpful. They emailed me a statutary declaration form that I filled in and signed before a Justice of the Peace .. which I promptly emailed back to them.

Later in the day they replied : eBay opened a case because of an issue with an item purchased from you.We have reviewed the case and decided to issue the buyer a full refund without any impact to you.

This case is now closed. You're not required to reimburse the buyer or eBay,and this case won't be counted in your seller performance evaluation.

I have been with eBay for ten years with over 1200 transactions,all 100% feedback, he's been three years with 12 transactions.

So yes I'm not out of pocket but this scumbag now has my items and a refund as well ... why do eBay pander to these grubs?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Suggest you ask eBay. We can only wonder why and may never know.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

you could have put the buyer's name in your f/b....as it is, you are the only one able to see who they are 😞
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

even though you are not out of pocket, I’d be inclined to report them to ACORN for scamming. Who knows, maybe they have been reported before!

https://www.cyber.gov.au/tags/acorn

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply