Why do i get "Posting cost can't be calculated. Please enter a valid postcode" for some of my listin

Why do i get "Posting cost can't be calculated. Please enter a valid postcode" for some of my listings, although postage based on calculated and no international shipping. All dimensions and weight info given.

Many of my customer complained that they can not see postage info.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Why do i get "Posting cost can't be calculated. Please enter a valid postcode" for some of my listin

I think this might be your problem, but I could be wrong.

If a buyer registers and enters their address like this, for example:

Address 1: 123 ABC Street

Address 2: Blacktown

City.Town: Sydney

Postcode: 2148

THey will not see calculated postage because the system matches the Postcode to the City/Town and returns an invalid response.

The postcode for Sydney is not 2148, so it is an invalid address.

The same thing happens with psotage labels.

All you can do is ask the buyer for their address and give them an estimate, whilst at the same time suggesting they correct their address on file to avoid the same issue on their next purchase.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I agree - correct the address to get rid of City.

Also, sellers should give address including Postcode. Pick up from Sydney is pretty useless

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

A bit hard for the seller to correct the buyer address, pre-sale.

But, carry on.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

That is incorrect. The eBay calculator has bug, ignored and not fixed by eBay for years. It is SIZE of ther package - if it is too large, the calculator fails, even though size/weight is within the limit of what Australia Post accepts. Fix: for large packages set size at 30x30x30 and all will work, calculation will be done by weight.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

THREAD IS OVER 2 YEARS OLD.............................................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

That was exact problem, applied your fix and now the calculator works fine,.
Thanks , Figitingdiamondbacks
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply