Winners who don't pay

jvdv
Community Member

Is anyone else experiencing an increase in the number of people who may win an auction but then don't pay - or even respond?

In the past month I have had 4 people who won an auction and then ... nothing. And not all of them were "new" eBayers - i.e. people with only a couple of feedbacks.

Very frustrating.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Winners who don't pay

I hope that you opened an unpaid item dispute and added them to your blocked bidders list

I agree, it is very frustrating when they bid and they don't bother paying,or make up nonsense excuses for why they don't want to pay

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Winners who don't pay

I always open unpaid item dispute and block the bidder - I want my commission back and also make sure I don't have to deal with them again.

I have had several people who have messaged me in the past saying they were unable to bid on an item I had listed because they had several strikes against them - but sorry, if a buyer can't bid because they have a couple of strikes against them than I don't need their bids.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Winners who don't pay

If most of your listings only get one bid, list as BIN with immediate payment.

No more non payers.

It also means you can list each one for 30 days giving you more freebies every month.

Some buyers prefer BIN so they don't need to wait until auction finishes.

That is often the reason for non payers as they have forgotten the bid they placed a week later or changed their mind in the meantime.

image host
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Winners who don't pay

I agree with Kopes on this. My auctioning days are loooooong gone. Everything is now BIN with immediate payment.

Non-payers are 100% eliminated and the buyers are happy because they buy one day and I ship the next day, no waiting around for auctions to end.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply