World war 2 Bomb camera raId photographs

I have some ORIGINAL raid photographs, bomb camera images, that were taken during air raids in World war 2. These are not prints but the pictures that were released to bomber pilots after the raid. The sort of images that you now see only in books. I believe that some of the pictures were take from a RAAF Stirling during a raid in which my Father won his DFM. A raid on Berlin, while he was flying for 199 squadron. I also have images from other raids in which I think he was flying the Halifax  ( I do not know with which squadron,still researching this one) during a raid on Turin. I also have images taken by my Dad that relate to the loss of the "SS Argentina" including images of the lifeboats that were released from that ship. I have many other images that include the transfer back to Australia of these pilots. Could anyone let me know if there is someone,or an organistaion out there who might be interested in these pictures. They are all in black and white as was the method of photographing during ww2.

Thank you

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Tay, have you ever looked up your grandfather's records on the National Archives database?

In most cases you can look at the actual service records which would have followed him throughout his service.   They can make interesting reading.  For example, I discovered that my great uncle went AWL in London for 4 days and his punishment was loss of leave and pay.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

No, I'll have to do that, never thought of it when my mum went looking. Mum has them all now, as well as his medals. He also went AWOL for a few days while he was at Kokoda (went off with a chum and had a few drinks).

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

The WW2 records may not have been on the database when your mother was looking....I was looking at the WW1 records first and then the WW2 and lastly the Vietnam War.....all services.  I found it interesting to find my own name on an official database (as Next of Kin)

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply