Worried that a Sendle Parcel Has No Scan when Picked Up

Hi, I am just a little worried about a parcel that was picked up by Sendle as no pick up scan is showing.  I had 2 parcels that were picked up at the same time but only one of them is showing that it was picked up.  The other does not have a scan.  I'm worried about it as it was more valuable than the other.  Just wanted to check with anyone who has used sendle that is it possible that the scan was delayed or it may show later.  It was only today that the 2 parcels were picked up.  Thanks 

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lynsh84
Community Member

Good luck!

Sendle is notorious for messing up deliveries.....I would not recommend it to anyone.

If one of your items was not scanned there is a very good chance that it will disappear.

If you know which courier company picked up your items you can try to contact them tomorrow.....you may be lucky.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

lynsh84
Community Member

Good luck!

Sendle is notorious for messing up deliveries.....I would not recommend it to anyone.

If one of your items was not scanned there is a very good chance that it will disappear.

If you know which courier company picked up your items you can try to contact them tomorrow.....you may be lucky.

Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

Thank you for your advice.  That doesn't sound too good.  I'm not sure who the courier company was.  I do have a video of them picking up the parcel.  They had a yellow van.  I have sent them a message but from past experience they never answer.  I'm getting more worried about it.

Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

It sounds like it might be Couriers Please.....they have yellow vans with red badging and do work for Sendle.

Why do you keep using Sendle if you have had previous problems?  Most of the couriers that they use are known to have problems.

Most couriers pick up and deliver with no further interaction.

Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

I used them again because I only had minor issues but in the end the parcels would get delivered.  This time it's more of a worry because there is no scan.  I just wish I used Australia Post for this one.  I made a stupid mistake but lesson learned. 

Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

It might be courier specific. As I understand it, Sendle is a broker and it comes down to the courier selected.

I tried using Sendle for sales, but won't make that mistake again. I also try to avoid sellers who use Sendle or Fastway/Aramax, but it can be hard to establish. I'm thinking of enquiring routinely about couriers before making orders.

I had parcels sit at a drop-off location for several weeks until the buyer advised me that he had been advised by Fastway that they had made several unsuccessful attempts to collect the parcels. Having had no notice of this myself, I checked the tracking information and found that Fastway had attempted to collect the parcel late night from a drop-off location which Sendle's own web information showed was open 9 to 5. I tried to enquire, found there was no telephone support, sent an email through the web portal, received an automated email reply directing me to a non-existent website chat tool and a further automated email the next day advising that my issue had been resolved and was closed. I picked up the item, took it to the post office and had both an unhappy customer and a loss on the sale. The drop off location owner told me the problem was Fastway specific.

Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

There's a very old saying that relates to this. 'Penny smart, pound foolish'. In this case it means that you CHOSE to save on postage (which you undoubtedly didn't pass on to the buyer) in order to buoy your bottom line by a buck or so. For 'expensive' items, yet. Maybe not try to make a saving on postage? I know for a fact that if you send with AP and post over the counter you will get a scan.

Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

Another way to be foolish is to infer a factual situation you know nothing about. I offered free postage, making that my choice and cost. Lacking experience with  Sendle/Fastway, why not use the option Ebay suggested? Yes, AP gives you a scan. That's my point - no problems with them. It's just I'd already paid Sendle (via Ebay) by then.

Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

So you chose the cheap postage. My point exactly. Penny wise, pound foolish.

Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

Summary for the reading skills challenged:

Sendle is cheaper, but ignore Ebay suggestions - don't expect a comparable service to AP.

Message 10 of 27
Latest reply