another ebay fault - and we pay with low dsr's

those wonderful paypal e-cheques which can take up to a week to clear, not that i mind waiting for the sale to complete.

but

the problem is when they clear they show as paid - the date it was initiatiated so buyers keep wondering why they have not recieved there item.

ebay, should it not say item paid on the 17th when it cleared and not paid on the 11th when first initiated.

wonder if that accounts for so many low stars.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

In the view Order Details the date shows when the eCheque payment was initiated.

In the Sold section (and I assume in the buyer's Purchases section) if you mouseover the blue dollar sign the date shown is when the eCheque cleared (in US time), not initiated.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

thats what i thought sports but had just finished getting the mailing ready when it showed one more, thought i had another sale but was a e-cheque finishing, by chance when i moused over it is when i noticed it says paid last week on the dollar sign.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Doesn't it show as an hourglass while the payment is pending? Once the payment has cleared it changes to the blue dollar sign.

Here's a shot of one that's just cleared.

snip1209.jpg

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

yes, but when i moused on it, it did not say paid today as i expected but last week, hence the post.

not sure what the buyer see's though?

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply