anybody had a problem with fake bidders

I have being trying to sell my car on ebay for last month. I was forced to list it twice and both times the winning bidder did not contact me. I cannot leave negative feedback to those bidders because ebay does not allow it. Ebay sucks. I would never sell anything on ebay again. These fake bidders are used car dealers who create multiple fake accounts and bid on private sellers cars, with no intention to buy.They do that so people would buy their cars instead. EBAY NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS.I phoned ebay and they are obviously not interested in doing anything about fraudsters who have infected ebay.

Message 1 of 41
Latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

What proof do you have that they are use car dealers bidding on your items?

Message 2 of 41
Latest reply

Just a gut feeling. Ebay could find out if they realy want to

Message 3 of 41
Latest reply

You need more than a gut feeling to make accusations like that.  Ebay will not act on your gut feelings.....if you want them to take any sort of action you must have some sort of proof of your accusations.

Message 4 of 41
Latest reply

I have looked at some of these peoples buying and selling activities and it is always to do with cars .If ebay realy wants to do something, they have everybodys details , and they should start looking into this as soon as somebody suggests that something is not right. I am not the only one with the same problem,there is a lot more people and ones that I looked at are all private sellers.I do not beleive in coincidences.

Message 5 of 41
Latest reply

There is nothing stopping used car dealers from having ebay accounts....many of our biggest retailers have ebay accounts.

If they are doing something wrong then report those action to ebay...you cannot just report the ID because you have a gut feeling about them.  You must report the actual wrongdoing.

Message 6 of 41
Latest reply

have you open a Non-Paying Buyer dispute?

Message 7 of 41
Latest reply

There is nothing stopping used car dealers from having ONE account and not coluding with each other to squeze out private car sellers. We have nice conversation going on in here. I hope a lot more people join and discuss their experiences. Hopefully somebody from ebay would take notice and start investigating.

Message 8 of 41
Latest reply

I have opened a dispute, a second time allready, and it is a waste of time

Message 9 of 41
Latest reply

No it isn't as it gets you your fees back.

Whilst you are out time, you are not out dollars.

Maybe try purposebuilt car selling sites like Carsales or Pickles. Or Gumtree, or your local classifieds, or your local used car yard.

Why do you think eBay, an online distance site, would be the best place to sell a car, a localised pickup item?

Message 10 of 41
Latest reply