buyer says item not received

40andstillnaughty
Community Member

Hello..I recently posted a bunch of parcels on the same day..all domestic..some in boxes and some in added bags..about 7 in total..everyone got their parcel except for one person..I have only ever not received a parcel myself 3 times..all from overseas..maybe 1 domestic..Is it likely that only 1 parcel could be lost when I posted 7 at the one time..seems strange to me..there would be people who say they did not receive something just to get their money back..and we would never know because we cannot leave feedback about these buyers..

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

firstly all parcels would have gone to different parts of aust or you state, so not unusual for 1 from 7 to go missing.

maybe it will still turn up, with incorrect postcode or incofrrectly sorted by aust post, who knows

secondly, if the parcel is of a value you cannot afford to refund/replace you really need to use click and send to give you a tracking number so you are covered by PayPal's  Seller Protection.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 33
Latest reply

I noticed you do not quote your DGL on your perfume auctions,

maybe you forgot to quote the DGL number on the outside of the one missing parcel and aust post have picked that up and of course not forwarded it to the buyer.

all perfumes must have your DGL number and declaration on the front of the parcel.

Message 3 of 33
Latest reply

PRESUME that both you & buyer have allowed enough time for parcel to arrive,that it was correctly addressed & that buyer has checked with local PO to see if awaiting collection.

If you both have done all of the above,lodge a claim with AP,refund buyer in full BUT make them aware they may/will be required to sign stat dec re item not received-its amazing how parcels mysteriously appear once you mention that POLITELY.

If it was an expensive item,you really should have used either Registered or click n send as the most AP MAY pay out is $50.

Message 4 of 33
Latest reply

Just another suggestion-you may like to consider starting another id for buying only rather than combining both on same id.

Also,whatever you do,DON'T even think about leaving a positive with a negative comment for the buyer as against ebay policy.

Message 5 of 33
Latest reply

40andstillnaughty
Community Member

thankyou for all the advice..I may set up another account just for selling..I used my  personal one because I have a few good feedbacks..I will definately look at click and send..most buyers don't want to pay for registered post....

Message 6 of 33
Latest reply

thankyou for all the advice..I may set up another account just for selling..I used my  personal one because I have a few good feedbacks..I will definately look at click and send..most buyers don't want to pay for registered post....

//but are you  quoting your DGL number and declaration on every parcel??

wthout it aust post will NOT forward any perfume sales

Message 7 of 33
Latest reply

You cannot send perfume using click & send and you are not allowed to even list perfume unless you have a DGL and say so in your listings.

If you have a DGL then you must know that you can only post by regular post, road only with the required packaging and labels.

Registration is for your protection, you either pay for it or you refund/replace if a buyer says they did not receive their parcel.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 33
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It is a bit unlikely that the OP would be able to replace the perfumes....most of them are part used so it is unlikely that she has more than one of them.

Somehow I think the DGL information is being ignored....maybe not what she wants to hear?

Message 9 of 33
Latest reply

It is a bit unlikely that the OP would be able to replace the perfumes....most of them are part used so it is unlikely that she has more than one of them.

Somehow I think the DGL information is being ignored....maybe not what she wants to hear?

i think you're right Lyndal, and I would even guess that the missing parcel was confiscated by aust post because of the lack of DGL

Message 10 of 33
Latest reply