buyers who buy more than one item are told at checkout that I don't offer combined postage

buyers say that when they buy multiple items they cannot combine their sales as a pop up comes up saying seller does not combine postage.  I am more than happy to combine postage can you pelase advise how I can avoid this.  Buyer said small time sellers like me give this message but large shop sellers do not.  I await your advise on what I need to do to promote combined postage.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

buyers who buy more than one item are told at checkout that I don't offer combined postage

Try checking your settings under My eBay > Account > Site Preferences > Postage preferences

This loads a new page, but I don't know how to get to that page except the above method.

On that page is a list of options, and about halfway down is "allow combined payments and postage". 

Next to 'combined payments' is an edit link, click that and a new pane will pop up - make sure to tick the box for "Allow buyers to send one combined payment for all items purchased", and then specify a timeframe for how long this will apply (this is the timeframe that payments will automatically apply for, mine is set for 7 days - you can still combine items via an invioice if a buyer purchases items more than 7 days apart, though). 

I'm not sure how to access the setting to adjust via mobile devices.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Try checking your settings under My eBay > Account > Site Preferences > Postage preferences

This loads a new page, but I don't know how to get to that page except the above method.

On that page is a list of options, and about halfway down is "allow combined payments and postage". 

Next to 'combined payments' is an edit link, click that and a new pane will pop up - make sure to tick the box for "Allow buyers to send one combined payment for all items purchased", and then specify a timeframe for how long this will apply (this is the timeframe that payments will automatically apply for, mine is set for 7 days - you can still combine items via an invioice if a buyer purchases items more than 7 days apart, though). 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

With any eBay page you can just copy the URL and post that (it will then go to their own account using your link).

https://www.ebay.com.au/ship/prf

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I almost included it, but the steps to get there are always good to know. 🙂 

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

That is a pretty obscure setting, so there is no way it is in the app. The only way to access it would be to use the phone's web browser and change the browser setting that makes pages load like a computer. On my phone the browser setting is called "Request Desktop Site".

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

It seems like a seller comes here and asks this question at least once a month.  I think it should be in a sticky "Frequently Asked Questions" post at the top of the forum.  You have to have combined postage enabled and also the buyer has to use the desktop website to make the purchase as the feature is missing from the app.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Wow thank you I followed your instructions and fingers crossed I will get more buyers. Thank you for taking the time to assist me. Janette
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply