can I block a user from sending me messages

I have an eBay user that keeps sending me messages and is being unreasonable, how can I block him from sending me anymore messages?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You can add their name to your Blocked Bidder List and update your settings to block messages from all buyers who are blocked from purchasing, but if they have purchased from you they would still be able to send messages via the transaction (for up to 90 days, I think).

You should be able to report the messages if they are inappropriate or contain anything that violates eBay's policies. 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

thanks, will hunt for the message setting, I have already blocked him from buying etc.

he is just being unreasonable and unintelligent at the same time, blaming me for buying the wrong product through our online store that he thought was the same one he bought on eBay because he could not find it anymore because it was not there as we no longer have it. But he keeps telling me how peed off he is and was going to be our best customer yada yada. I just dont understand why people have to be so aggressive from the beginning, no one knows how to keep it nice anymore.  Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Sorry, I should have mentioned where the settings are.

Go to My eBay > Account > Site Preferences > Buyer Requirements, then edit the blocks - the very last option you can tick is Don't allow blocked buyers to contact me. (Buyer won't see the "Contact Seller" button on your Q&A page.) Note: Buyers can still contact you about existing transactions, unless you add them to your blocked list.

So it looks like they should be blocked from further messages, unless they're able to continue to reply to existing messages (there's other options for contacting members aside from going via listings as well, though, but I hope it helps). 

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Why are you letting this numpty waste your time, just delete the messages without reading them then they are only wasting their own time.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

"Site Preferences" is not listed as an option

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Was it in 2014 when the answer was given though?

Of course

If you need current 'where is' it is best to open your own thread, rather than expect things to be unchanged for nine years ago

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply