can somebody work this out

I have a buyer who paid for an item  a newie , and sent me feedback as soon as they paid , with the words[I have no money in the bank to pay for the item] I just checked her last 3 feedbacks and she says the same words , but she has paid ,   has anybody ever had weard feedback before

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

@joethenuts wrote:

I think your right harley  an auto message from a few feed backs , its paid for no no-cheque, my stuff is pick up so she cant claim chargeback ,I think,  we will see

Joe, just for your information.....if the goods are Pickup only the buyer and the seller have no paypal protection but they can still do a chargeback through their bank if the payment was funded by a credit card.

This is why paypal is a very bad idea for pick up items.

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

very interesting lyndal  I am a bit confused , could you explain to me what a chargeback is , I would asume its when a person states they did not buy the item ,is that correct or not   thanks

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

Joe, if a buyer funds a paypal payment with a credit card they have 2 options for getting their money back if the item qualifies (if it is not a pickup item or does not quality on some other grounds).

If a paypal claim fails the buyer can then go to their bank and make a claim on their credit card....a chargeback.  It works the same as a paypal claim.....if the item has to be returned to the seller you have to send with the usual proof needed for a paypal claim.

Occasionally buyers will tell porkies and say that it was an unauthorised transaction so they can get away with keeping the item.

The trouble with a chargeback is that there is a fee involved....it used to be $15 and I have no idea if it has changed.  If the buyer ends up getting their money back the seller also pays the fee.....just to add insult to injury.

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

hi a pick up is inspected ,it has proof of pick up ,they cant say they did not order the product , because they have made arrangements to pick it up and insppect the item.if they dont like the condition of the item ,then they dont take the item ,and the seller gives back there money , anyway a 100% safer than delivering now with buyers now hold the cards ,  oh well things happen

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

Joe, what you are not understanding is that if the buyer pays by paypal and picks the item up then you DO NOT have proof of postage that is sufficient to defend a claim if the buyer makes a claim through paypal.  As it was a pick up item you can point this out to paypal and you will probably win.

BUT the buyer can still go to their bank and start a chargeback for whatever reason takes their fancy.   You CANNOT win that chargeback as you cannot prove you posted the item.  If they claim it was an unauthorised transaction then you cannot prove that it was authorised.....you will lose!!!

Taking into consideration that you sell paint you are probably not going to get the sort of buyers that will go to any lengths to scam you....unlike some sellers here who have a real problem that way.

Just don't think it cannot happen because it can......and don't dismiss sellers who have concerns about chargebacks for pick up items....it happens more often than you think.

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

I understand your point lyndal, but this is how i work ,buyers have to book a pick up at all times as i have 2 locations , an aprox time and date , i then give location , they also sign for it , with messages from buyer saying can i have a pick u at aprox 2 to 2.30 monday 27/4/2015 thanks ,can i have your address,,   they pick up and sign ,  anyway have a nice day

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

I understand your point lyndal, but this is how i work ,buyers have to book a pick up at all times as i have 2 locations , an aprox time and date , i then give location , they also sign for it , with messages from buyer saying can i have a pick u at aprox 2 to 2.30 monday 27/4/2015 thanks ,can i have your address,,   they pick up and sign ,  anyway have a nice day

You would be well covered for a police fraud investigation if nothing else.

Banks and paypal dont investigate in that much detail that just see if their own checklist are filled in then act.

You can gat paranoid over these things. At the end of the day it is a judgement call based on what you sell, the value and the degree to which you cover your back.

Paint vs high end jewellery is going to affect the sophistication of deception someone is willing to go through.

eg send someone else around to pick up and sign for, then later denying any knowledge of them and the transaction and issuing a chargeback. They have never seen or heard of you and their ebay/paypal accounts were "hijacked"

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

well everything in the world is posible,  then how would the other person of known address time and what to pick up, you would have a better chance of winning tatslotto every day for a month. 

anyway because touch wood i have never had any problems before in over 4 years , and as you say scamers would be more interested in high priced items, i might try a new policy take photos of there cars there clothes there pasengers in the car ,there description , only trouble is when they come in a tram , how am i going to fit them all in the photo.  have a nice day

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply