can't understand why - ebay promoting overseas sellers

this is more of a frustration post than anything else - because i know it's been happening forever and we all know that.

received a promotional email from ebay with the "top sellers" - which i'm guessing a lot of people get. these two items in particular shown in the attached image are both from chinese sellers. 

these sellers have sold tens of thousands of items and have feedback scores around the 97% mark, giving some indication of the level of service they are providing. not to mention, one of them has their products item location as melbourne, yet all of the feedback stated that the items were shipped out of hong kong.

also, the one which you can see below with a map of australia in the corner, also ships out of hong kong. 

it's something we all see so often, yet it fails me as to why ebay AUSTRALIA is actively promoting these sellers with poor records. it's no wonder sellers are frustrated and buyers lose trust in ebay. i have no doubt there is a direct correlation between a lot of people seeing a massive decline in sales. 

if any ebay employee sees this (though i don't expect they would reply) - i'm sure we'd all love to know why this is common practice and why, back when it first began, ebay never did anything to stamp out the **bleep**. 

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Because ebay don't give a brass monkey's banana

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

So an Orangutan?

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply