do I have to reply to a blocked bidder?

I have been contacted by a blocked bidder.  Am I required to reply under eBay rules, or can I safely ignore them? I could only reply with a message to tell them "why" which they would already know, if they thought about it at all. I do not wish to debate or argue the reasons with them, and I am not going to unblock them. I just don't want to get into any trouble with eBay for not replying.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

If you've had a transaction with a blocked buyer it used to take 60 days to time out before that buyer is no longer able to contact you.

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Many years ago, I had a mate who dealt with letters received by the Complaints Section of Telecom (before it became Telstra).

They received many legitimate letters ("Why do people write to you instead of phoning?" "Because we've stuffed their phone lines"), but also many of tin foil hat levels of craziness.

They used to deal with the latter by attaching a sticker to the letter and, if the sender had included an address on planet earth, posting it back to them.

He gave me a sheet of the stickers, which read

Thank you for your letter. Please do not write again.

He had a variant printed up for offensive and abusive crazies as well, but his boss wouldn't let him use them.

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply