dont know whats going on?

buyer bid on and won 2 lots of work pants. one lot size 82r then another lot 87r. i bundled with combined post. he unbundled and paid for i lot 87r. i messaged and asked why? he says he wants to see if they fit?? so then i go into order details and guess what???....same user name but 2 different names and addresses....what do you think is happening? anyway 82r lot is way overdue so i have opened a non paying case for them. also, when he gets them and tries them on and dont fit, do i have to pay for return post? also they are new with tags so what if they come back with tags off. i cant then resell as new ๐Ÿ˜ž im confused

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

It's common for people to use a delivery address that's different to their registered address, so if one lot wasn't paid for, the only address you'd see on that is the registered address, not necessarily the one where they'd get the parcel sent to (for all intents and purposes, until the buyer has paid, all you have is a billing address, which can sometimes match the delivery address, and other times doesn't).

That being said, I would simply open the UPI case same as you did, close it when able, and deal with any issues if / when they arise - no sense worrying about it unless it does happen (plus, the advice will depend on if they open a request, what type of request they open, and whether or not you accept returns). If I need to open a UPI, it's usually a fair while after the purchase, so I also block their ID right before I open the case (rarely is the block removed, only if they get in touch voluntarily, are nice and respectful, and do actually pay for the item). This buyer is (to me) a little bit worse than simply a non-payer, because they have effectively reserved an item for a minimum of 8 days while they - by their own admission - are making sure if the one they did pay for is suitable. That's not on in my book, so I would have actually blocked them as soon as they said that.

Has the parcel you originally sent arrived yet, and if so, how long ago? You can at least gauge the liklihood of return due to not fitting if they've had them a while.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

thanks digital....yes i have blocked. bit rich i think "hey just hang on to those while i try these?" if you bid and win then they are yours in my book. what about my listing fee, time wasted etc? i am sending paid for lot tomorrow so as you say, see what happens

i appreciate

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply