eBay 15% site wide promotion

I only noticed eBay had a 15% off coupon code a few days ago, and it ended after the 30th Sept. When did this promotion start, was it from the 1st of Sept? Did sellers notice any uptick in sales during this promotion?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

the email letting me know about this promotion landed in my inbox on the 27th Sept, so it only ran for a very short time.

15 percent email.JPG

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

The promotion only ran for 4 days.

I certainly spent money that I would not have spent at the moment without the discount but whether it made any real difference to the sellers I bought from is debatable.    I spent several hundred dollars with major DVD sellers....a drop in the ocean for them although it would possibly have made a difference if I had bought from a small seller.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I also took the opportunity to stock up on items that I would not have bought through Ebay.  

I purchased HP Printer cartirides and because of the discount bought a set of 2 with the discount it was cheaper than purchasing from my usual place.  

Also bought Pet Flea tablets, once again doubled the order saving nearly $20 for a year's supply.

Both these orders were from larger Sellers companies on Ebay.

I did notice the add also appeared on all my listings, being a small seller, did not help me.with sales

I did however notice I have had a large number of Sales from New Buyers with 0 Feedback..at first I thought, as we all do they will nto pay this has happneded to me on a number of occasions.  But all did..so I am sure the Promotion may have encouraged newbies to have a look.

I wonder how much in $$$ Ebay lost on this promotion.  I also heard it advertised on the radio on 30 September

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply