eBay assists fraudulent activities

bigg_mhand
Community Member
I expected eBay to a professional and honest entity until I fell prey to one cunning eBay seller. I paid for an item through PayPal on an eBay page. Two weeks later I received a totally different item. I informed the seller and he asked me to return it and would refund including postage. The seller went silent once I sent the tracking number. EBay says "your purchase is not covered by eBay money back guarantee because you used a payment method not supported by eBay" I paid through PayPal and on an eBay page. They say "you have to use PayPal to be eligible" I used PayPal!!!. It is impossible to get through to eBay! I then tried PayPal who asked me to provide the tracking number. I did that and the reply I got was your tracking number is invalid!!!! but even now the same number shows the destination of the parcel Norsk European Wholesale in the UK. I even called them and they confirmed receipt and delivery of the parcel to Greg Taylor. EBay claims I did not use PayPal yet I used it and yet there is no way to present my case to them because they are not accessible. I'm in Africa ! Do I need to fly to the UK ? Is eBay there to assist fraudsters?? EBay encourages people to resolve issues with sellers but this seller is a fraudster so how can I resolve this?
Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

eBay assists fraudulent activities

go-tazz
Community Member

You are on the Australian eBay site,(you'll need to log into the UK site to get answers pertaining to that site).

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply