eBay need to extend feedback from 60 to 180 days.

cq_tech
Community Member

Now that both the eBay and Paypal claim period have been increased from 45 to 180 days, surely eBay also need to increase the time period in which feedback can be left from it's current 60 days to 180 days. I've not yet seen or heard anything that would suggest that this will be the case, but regardless, for very obvious reasons I will certainly no longer be leaving positive feedback for buyers once they've paid, as I do currently, and will now be waiting until the last possible moment before leaving it.

Of course, that's on the assumption that I'll still be selling after the end of this month, because the way things appear to be going, it's almost a certainty that I'll be pulling all my listings at the end of this month and giving eBay the middle finger that they so richly deserve for the appalling manner in which they've elected to treat their loyal sellers. I think they forget that loyalty is a two-way street.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I wonder if dicksmith and good guys get a better deal? Maybe they will pull out of ebay? I will be building my website in the mean time.
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

If Dick Smith was trading under the same rules as all the smaller sellers on ebay they would have been suspended by now.

Have you looked at their feedback lately?   It was the main reason that I decided not to take advantage of the Sunday Deal recently although they had exactly what I wanted and can no longer get in their stores.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

You're right Lyndal, it's very obvious that the bigger retailers like DSE and the Good Guys are being treated with kid gloves when it comes to the same poor feedback and defects that has seen hundreds of smaller sellers permanently banned from selling on eBay, which is proof enough in itself that eBay is definitely not the level playing field that they claim it to be.

Having said that, why would you not have taken advantage of their recent Sunday Deal, especially when the out-of-stock item that you specifically wanted was still available from them by mail order? Am I missing something, or was it simply their appalling feedback that put you off?
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

If they do increase the feedback window to 180 days, it will be downright unfair!

The best thing about feedback is it acknowelges the item is recieved and all is well.. if positve of course.

Then surely we are home safe... we can relax, another item passed inspection..

until that feedback is left, we have to bite our nails , and having to wait 180 days before we know if the sale is complete

is outrageous.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

To be honest, I really don't care if it is 180 money return rate, I doubt not many people will abuse it (but there will be some). However, I do care about the fact it will count as a defect. This defect rate system ranked again DSR and feedback really makes it a tough obstacle for new sellers to come into play.

I'm sure something better will come up like Amazon, QS or Alibaba that we can all migrate to.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

I think they should ditch feedback altogether. What other big online sellers have a buyer/seller feedback option?

I have bought new items from fishpond, items from US sellers, take at least a month to arrive, no notification sent that item is posted, no feedback. Item arrives. Price incl shipping, is lower.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:

I think they should ditch feedback altogether. What other big online sellers have a buyer/seller feedback option?

I suspect the defect system is a move towards this. I know they're counting low ratings for description and postage time (but not communication and postage cost), negs and neuts as defects, but I have a sneaking suspicion that in the not too distant future, eBay will come back and say "over time, feedback has become a less reliable indicator for buyer satisfaction...." blah blah blah, and it will just be if a buyer requests a return for INAD, doesn't get their item, or a refund (hence why the defect rate is based on total transactions, not volume of FB received). 

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

I totally, agree ebay needs to extend as I have already three items that I ordered, have not received and no comeback if I donot have the ability to provide feedback. I already have an issue with an item that was sent incorrectly where the seller, kept telling me they would refund, now that feedback time is finished, the seller contiues to scam others.

REMOVED are the scam artists that stuff around with customers asking stupid questions, like "what is your paypal account number", " don't worry, you will get refund soon" etc  and keep saying they will refund until the feedback time expired.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

If you are having problems with a transaction having 180 days to leave feedback is not going to improve the situation.

You will only be scammed if you allow the seller to string you along.  If the seller is not being co-operative take advantage of the ebay Resolution Centre before the time expires.

If you miss that you have 180 days for the paypal Resolution Centre.

BTW this thread is ancient.....if you need help you should start a new one.  The member you have replied to has not been on ebay for many years.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply