eBay successfully ruins Christmas

Due to a tight year financially and money being short I decided to list my camera on eBay so that I had money to use towards Christmas. The camera sold on 27th November, it was sent straight away and when the buyer received it he was happy with the purchase. eBay decided to hold on to the funds until 11th December, reportedly as a "precautionary measure", which was not too much of a problem as once they were available this still left a couple of weeks until Christmas. However the 11th December came and went with no funds being transferred. I checked again and now eBay are saying that the funds are not going to be released until 28th December. This is despite me having a 100% positive record on eBay and no problems on either side of a transaction. So much for a Merry Christmas in our family. They just seem to do it because they can and stuff the users. So much for loyalty and maintaining a good record being important and rewarded.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

i don't sell much because this **bleep**, i sold item today but got wait up 30 day's get money, i have to spend my money out of my pocket send my item to customer in hope i get payed, if they **bleep** about it in 30 days not be happy with item i could loose my money  or ask for refund but keep item's, so **bleep** they get item for free, you lost money as well for sending it they get for free. i been buying and selling over 15 years never had trouble to new law they add, why can't stay old system were i wait money go in then send it, it because of people steal money not send item stuff it others do right thing, i always send items, it stuffed because took paypal out of system but ebay own it haha.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Save the paragraph.

eBay sold Paypal years ago. Haha.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

If you have been buying and selling for 15 years then you have no excuse to not know the most basic of things, or to make up nonsense when you discover the same rules apply to you as everyone else

Information freely available that you chose to ignore and proceed with selling anyway

Sorry, but I am too old too add ha ha ha

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

@sandypebbles wrote:

If you have been buying and selling for 15 years then you have no excuse to not know the most basic of things, or to make up nonsense when you discover the same rules apply to you as everyone else

Information freely available that you chose to ignore and proceed with selling anyway

Sorry, but I am too old too add ha ha ha

That should have been - Ho Ho Ho. ๐Ÿ˜€

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

@kane6124 wrote:

i don't sell much because this **bleep**, i sold item today but got wait up 30 day's get money, i have to spend my money out of my pocket send my item to customer in hope i get payed, if they **bleep** about it in 30 days not be happy with item i could loose my money  or ask for refund but keep item's, so **bleep** they get item for free, you lost money as well for sending it they get for free. i been buying and selling over 15 years never had trouble to new law they add, why can't stay old system were i wait money go in then send it, it because of people steal money not send item stuff it others do right thing, i always send items, it stuffed because took paypal out of system but ebay own it haha.

If you are having to wait for 30 days for payment, it means you are just an occasional seller.

Those who sell fairly regularly don't have their funds on hold like this.

You are right in that there are risks with selling on ebay, in that a bad buyer can make trouble for you. If you send items with tracking, that should cover you for delivery, but if a buyer claims the item was faulty or not as described then yes, they may get a refund. And sometimes it is unfair.

If you only want to sell occasionally, you may be better off with Facebook marketplace. 

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply