eBay you have literally made my eyes bleed with this forum change

ilce
Community Member

Please for the love of everything that is holy restore the forums back to their old format. 

My eyes are bleeding. Have you no limit to your changes that do nothing but infuriate your users.

This new look is horrible and looks like a 3 year old designed it. 

Well before I get the eBay don't read here posts better go start an eBay chat and do an official complaint.

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

I just went on to the US boards and they have a camera next to insert/edit link....we are now missing that...maybe it will come back??

Message 21 of 30
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

Now if you reply to a previous poster - it puts it up with the original post.   😠

But I did manage to change the date format

I don't think they actually want 'discussion boards'.....just statement boards.....what a farce

Message 22 of 30
Latest reply

I have just started a thread in Technical. If anyone has any further issues, please feel free to add to it

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Technical-Issues/Things-that-DO-NOT-work-on-these-new-boards/m-p/24...

Message 23 of 30
Latest reply

Thanks curraone.

That has to be the most stooopid thing I have seen today - the fact that a date format hinges on capital letters.

Message 24 of 30
Latest reply

You nut case....... Though it is very in you face isn't it I am navigating the site fine, but not liking the layout of actual threads.

I was on the boards when it changed over, and that was a different experience I must say --- very Twilight Zoney - I was there, then I was in cyber space and then I landed on this strange new planet

Message 25 of 30
Latest reply

@digital*ghost, you can paste images here using Ctrl-v.

If you have saved images in your profile, open the profile page in a separate tab or window and copy the image you'd like to use, then nip back to the reply you're typing, and ctrl-v.

Something else also happens when you have pasted an image. When you click onto it, the usual sort of resize option appears, but also the option to edit the image.

When you click onto that, THIS pop-up option window appears:

countessalmirena_0-1616577562088.png

You can copy an image online and paste it. You can copy from an image open in your editing software. You can copy from images in folders on your computer. It's not exactly intuitive, and sometimes it will look as though the image has not fully loaded (but it has), and sometimes the image WON'T properly load... but there it is. The function is there. It's just that the function button is not showing.

But how frustrating for new posters! They will wonder what's going on.

Message 26 of 30
Latest reply

I see that the ability to add photo is back - must have been an oversight before.

(Click on the dots to "expand toolbar".

Message 27 of 30
Latest reply

Hi slr

I think new scrollers may be a thing of the past - if you try to post too much content you get a warning saying 'breach of something - flooding etc) so we will see.

Photos and gifs are back ^^^^^ I actually don't mind it, at least dead threads stay dead.

Just float any thread you want to show first so you can have easy access to it

Message 28 of 30
Latest reply

This is all about disengagement.  Exactly the same reason Australia Post discontinued their Community Forums.  Forums are becoming more a complaint platform for unhappy customers, so limiting the access and making discussion more difficult stops whinging customers venting their displeasure.

I won't be hanging out here to explain and solve users problems as long any more... too hard now and that's exactly what eBay are trying to accomplish.

Message 29 of 30
Latest reply

Regarding spell check not available just noticed there's no need for it because if you spell something incorrectly it underlines it immediately so there's an auto spell check, this is a good thing.

Message 30 of 30
Latest reply