eBaylink issues

Anyone having issues with eBaylink? I think this is a terrible option. I have it connecting my BigCommerce website and have had for nearly 3 years. Recently they changed the functionality of the Product Groups and Promotions which completely` nullified the current setup I have. I updated a promotion which I do often and it seemed to work normally but them I started getting lots of orders coming in with every price $10.95 with no shipping, the same as the promotion I just updated. Because of the program changes it removed all the SKU's from the promotion and ticked the "apply to all items" option so every single item on my eBay store - over 800 items was priced at $10.95 with free shipping. Items usually $300 were priced $10.95.

Well I cancelled the orders, the customers got upset and several were very abusive and I have 3 negs so far. My seller rating has dropped from Top Rated to Below standard. (I have had 1 neg for over a year that was about to drop off) so I am very uoset.

Contacted eBaylink who tried to blame me - they made program changes and didn't tell me the function had dramatically changed - they contacted eBay who assigned me an account manager who is very poor at responding to questions and returniing calls. I had to put my eBay store in holiday mode for a week while I had to go through and price, and list shipping costs for every item manually, submit the list to eBay and they setup new shipping rules. So now listing items on eBay doesn't happen automtically from my BC website as it did before, I need to go into eBaylink and allocate each item to a shipping group. On top of that after the new changes items I add to my BC website do not even make it to eBaylink and my eBay account manager is not addressing the issue.

I have had ongoing issues with eBaylink. When there is only one item left in stock on my BC website and it sells, and it also sells on eBay before the sale updates qty on eBay I have to cancel the sale and then I incur penalties from eBay and the customer is upset and accuses me of listing items I don't have. eBay doesn't care and will not reverse the penalty.

I am so frustrated with this. Apart from losing a week of trading and the stress involved, there are still issues.

Does anyone know of any alternatives to eBaylink?

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

eBaylink issues

I'm not currently a user of any inventory management software (I sell on multiple sites, but stock them independently and do everything manually), so I'm half bumping this in case someone else can post a more relevent answer, and half posting because I recently looked at BigCommerce for my next venture, and thought they had an inbuilt inventory management system for multiple channels? (Obviously you may have looked at this already and found it didn't have the functionality you needed, but it's called Channel Manager, anyway).

I often see or hear people recommending Neto for inventory management, and sometimes Xero, but they're about the only two alternatives I'm aware of, and obviously have no insight or first-hand experience to share, unfortunately. 

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

eBaylink issues

Thanks for the reply. BigCommerce does have Channel manager but it's multiple channels are eBay, Amazon, Pinterest, Facebook not more than one to eBay.

I guess nobody uses eBaylink here.

I will checkout Neto and Zero.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply