ebay is not protecting it's sellers from non-paying bidders

Help please!  Non-paying bidders are getting more common  I have unpaid item restrictions on all my listings (still can't work out how to put in my account though? would apprecaite it if anyone knows how? ) to prevent buyers with 2 unpaid item strikes in the last 12 months from bidding.  I have set up a selling template so those same buyer restrictions always exist on all my listings.  Recently, though, I had a buyer win 2 separate auctions of mine.  He didn't pay for either and I closed two unpaid item cases without being paid.  Subsequently, that same buyer bid on 3 separate auctions about 4 weeks later!!!!!   One of the auctions can be explained because he is trading with two distinct, but similar, eBay id's. The other two bids should have been prevented by my buyer requirements.  I have reported to this eBay mutiple times and not had a satisfactory response.  Their responses have been condescending and failed to address the questions posed.  And, in my opinion, do not show respect for the sellers who are the ones effectively generating eBay's income.  I'm frustrated and annoyed, and considering non eBay avenues for selling my pre-loved goods. Chasing unpaid item cases is annoying and time consuming.  The need to wait 8 days for a case to work through the system is really painful, especially if your item is seasonal. My unpaid items routineyly equate to over 10% of my total $ turnover now.  Can any sellers please help?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Yeah, so much for the 3 strikes.

just had another NPB, waited 12 days, promises of payment, last email "I'm too sick to go to the bank, will,pay tomorrow" no need to go to the bank as my account is only via online banking or pay via PayPal.  On checking the time wasters feedback, 6 other sellers have also had no payment from purchased items over the last 12 months!

and yes, I have blocks in place!

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Three strikes and you are out is a furphy....ebay does not throw buyers off the site just because they get three strikes.

And you often find that sellers who have left false positive feedbacks have not issued a strike...they have the idea that if they cannot see the strikes on the buyer's account then they are useless.  The comments are useless if a buyer hits the BIN button or bids in the last few seconds of an auction as sellers cannot cancel the transaction.

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply