ebay store Australia / USA or not at all?

HI All, hoping someone here is an Ebay guru & can tell me what the best option for selling is..

My main reason for asking is i think my products are more likely to be bought by overseas buyers, so lisitng on ebay.com seems the best option just so my items are more likely to be seen, by americans, europeans etc etc.. Is that true or if i list on ebay.com.au will they be just as visible?

Also in terms of the best option for selling regarding ebay fees I am contemplating the idea of opening an ebay store & even though I am located in Australia it also looks to me like the option of opening one on ebay.com is better in many ways, including visibility..

I am planning to list around 200 items per month at auction format.

Where ebay.com.au offers 80 free listings a month, ebay.com offers 150 free. Then again ebay.com also offers the first 50 listings without a store for free & every listing after that for 5c which is a pretty good option too if im only planning on listing 200 a month..

What happens if i acheive top rated status (either in ebay.com.au or ebay.com).. Do i lose free listing privileges..

Basically just looking for some answers as to what would eb the best option for me, from someone who really knows the pitfalls of both australia & USA ebay..

thanks

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I am just going off memory here, but once the new selling release rolls out on May 6, i believe our Australian stores will increase from 80 "free listings" per month to 200

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I list for free (except for add-on features, subtitle, starting auction 'later', at a set time and date, etc...), what incentive is there at PAYING for a store and the listings??? Isn't that a 'virtual' gimmick?

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

with a store, you can manage actegories to make it easier for people to see what you have, PLUS, every listing can last for the entire month, you are not restricted to 10 day listings which really chew into the 40 you get for free on a regular account. Cheaper FVFs as well.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

how do you lit for 'free'? Just 40 a month? I need 200 minimum.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

If you have a store you pay for all auction format listings unless there is a rare special deal. You can only list free using BIN or BIN with Best offer.

If you are going to list on the US site then you will have to quote actual postage, you won't be able to use calculated. You will have to accept payments in US$ and will pay a fee using Paypal to convert it to Au$ and finally you need to look at the buyer protection policies which are run by ebay, not Paypal and you have to have on-line verifiable proof of delivery not just of having sent the item.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

but in terms of visibility to the overseas market it seems listing on OZ ebay is not as good as USA ebay, or is it?

I would think that is the most important point.

How visible is your listing when someone in france, or germany or japan searches if you list on the oz ebay..?

I can see if you use USA ebay that they even offer you an option for  paying a little extra to get 'international visibility'.. That would seem to indicate that OZ ebay is way down the food chain in terms of searches for international buyers as that same option is not avaible on OZ ebay.

Also is that true the monthly free listings are BIN? i was under the impression it was for auction style as well. where is that info please?

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@plugseven wrote:

but in terms of visibility to the overseas market it seems listing on OZ ebay is not as good as USA ebay, or is it?

I would think that is the most important point.

How visible is your listing when someone in france, or germany or japan searches if you list on the oz ebay..?

I can see if you use USA ebay that they even offer you an option for  paying a little extra to get 'international visibility'.. That would seem to indicate that OZ ebay is way down the food chain in terms of searches for international buyers as that same option is not avaible on OZ ebay.

Also is that true the monthly free listings are BIN? i was under the impression it was for auction style as well. where is that info please?

Not at all, I would Hope.

Probably in the section on stores. The collectables category allows auctions, I think.

The site map is a mine of information.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply