exchanging contacts details with buyers

Selling something that buyers need to check for colour match before buying. Ebay are more strict now and auto block phone numbers and send their warning note out. My questions is, does this auto block come in even if a buyer has made a purchase and you are arranging pick up and trying to exchange contact details? Already received one slap and dont want another.

Thinking if buyers want details for inspection they can buy, then exchange details, and if not what they want/or a match then cancel.

I prefer to give buyers specific address by text once they confirm they are on there way over, rather than just giving address out in messages as there is no guarantee when they are going to turn up.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

At the moment the only safe way is to write your details on a piece of paper or doc and take a photo, scan, save it as a JPEG and attach it to your message.

Latest reply

If Ebay catches on that you are knowlingly trying to bypass their rules, such as this suggestion is, then I would suggest EBay will come down like a ton of bricks on you.  Most likely temporarilly suspend your account at the least.

Safest way is to have the (prospective) buyer make the purchase, but not pay for the transaction.  Once they have done this then you are permitted to provide them with contact details so they can inspect the goods.

If, upon inspection they wish to finalise the purchase then they can pay cash or via PayPal.  If they do not want the item then simply request EBay to cancel the transaction (and refund their selling fees).

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

@porcelain_dolls_by_me wrote:

Safest way is to have the (prospective) buyer make the purchase, but not pay for the transaction.  Once they have done this then you are permitted to provide them with contact details so they can inspect the goods.

Which links into another issue that is arising, Ebay seem to be going straight from buy now to to pay now, and the item not registering as sold until payment made. It is causing issues with combined purchases which are not done via cart. causing them to be paid for individually, So not processing payment, and pushing buyers into paypal fotr pick ups may be an issue i am as yet not clear on.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply