i am suspicious about a buyer,

I sent a beautiful vintage porcelain item to a succesful bidder. I received a rude message stating that he was seriously upset as the item was shattered. He attatched several photos, just showing a small portion of the packaging. As this was such a lovely item I spent much more time and effort to ensure that arrived safely. Well I do anyway and have never had anything broken in 9 years. He said the packing was inadequate. So instead of messing around I profusely apologised and sent an immediate refund through paypal.

Then he messaged me along the line of "! reluctantly accept your offer of a refund" No by your leave or anything.What on earth else was I expected to do?

But this seller sells very expensive mosaics made out of beautiful china and I really smell a rat. I did not like his attitude I would like to block him but cannot figure out how to do this.

I know I have to just let it go and move on but I am upset because unless a truck drove over it, I doubt that it could have been broken.

I suppose I should have gone through ebay to get my fees back, but I am tired and feeling a bit down and cannot remember even how to do this.

Sorry for the rant but it is really niggling at me, rant over lol.

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I would put them on the BBL. Click on the link below.

https://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?bidderblocklogin

For future ref - Select account then site prefs, buyer requirements and to the right show n edit.

At the bottom is the BBL.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 30
Latest reply

Oh dear-I won't say you could have done this or you should have done that as too late now.  ๐Ÿ˜ž

Here is the link to block them.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/resolving-buyer-issues/blocking-buyer?id=4082&st=3&pos=1&query=... a buyer&intent=block bidder&context=DEFAULT_BUYER&lucenceai=lucenceai

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

I would put them on the BBL. Click on the link below.

https://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?bidderblocklogin

For future ref - Select account then site prefs, buyer requirements and to the right show n edit.

At the bottom is the BBL.

image host
Message 2 of 30
Latest reply

Oh dear-I won't say you could have done this or you should have done that as too late now.  ๐Ÿ˜ž

Here is the link to block them.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/resolving-buyer-issues/blocking-buyer?id=4082&st=3&pos=1&query=... a buyer&intent=block bidder&context=DEFAULT_BUYER&lucenceai=lucenceai

Message 3 of 30
Latest reply

Snap-I had to go look for that link Kopes lol

Message 4 of 30
Latest reply

Have just blocked them, thank you. I feel better now ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 5 of 30
Latest reply

Have just blocked them, thank you. I feel better now ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 6 of 30
Latest reply

Always welcome gran. Smiley Happy

Foxy - I outfoxed the foxette. Smiley Very Happy

image host
Message 7 of 30
Latest reply

You are all so kind, thank you so much x

Message 8 of 30
Latest reply

... "reluctantly accept your offer of a refund"...?

Did your buyer possibly expect you to cosmically force the pieces together so that no break could be perceived?

Of course, it's possible that the porcelain item did break in transit. But as you mention having had no breakages in 9 years, I assume you use paper and bubble-wrap around the item, box the item (and ensure no movement within box), then another box (again with bubble wrap to prevent movement). If the item is reported broken after that sort of thorough packaging, and you have a buyer who does mosaics, it's hard to avoid speculating about what might perhaps have caused the item to be shattered.

(However, it would be impossible to prove, I suppose.)

Message 9 of 30
Latest reply

Do you have a spare cheap plate/cup/saucer lying around ? Would be a shame if you deliberately

smashed it REALLY hard onto concrete and imagined it was his head or his cods  ๐Ÿ™‚

Naughty Foxy lol

Message 10 of 30
Latest reply