i removed active content using ebay's sandbox but ebay says there is still active content in 15 ads

i removed active content using ebay's sandbox but ebay says there is still active content in 15 ads. I tried to contact them for an explanation but can't seem to get access to email. Seems they need to add ' Active content query" to their list of acceptable questions . It's all so annoying. Has anyone else had this problem?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

i removed active content using ebay's sandbox but ebay says there is still active content in 15 ads

Just had a quick look at your item, it has old Active Content that has been "Commented Out" that is the script is still sitting there but it has been marked as a comment, sort of like putting quotation marks around something.

eg <!--<script type="text/javascript">--> 

the "<!--   -->" tags make it a comment instead of javascript, which is Active Content.  The bots are probably picking up the words "text/javascript" as active content.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Do you have the visitor counter in any listings ?

Can you post one or two of the offending listings ?

image host
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I don't think I have visitors counter ( maybe This ad is pretty old) 332195654965

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

If that listing is coming up as having active content, ring eBay because I cannot see any AC in it.

image host
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Neither can I and it also comes up fine on the app. In some of the other threads on this subject it's been mentioned about hidden HTML and you need to remove a little bit of it, which doesn't affect the description as it looks now, just changes what is in the background. If no-one else comes along soon that knows about that stuff, I'd advise the OP to look through all the other threads to see if that issue applies to them.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks so much Cheers

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Just had a quick look at your item, it has old Active Content that has been "Commented Out" that is the script is still sitting there but it has been marked as a comment, sort of like putting quotation marks around something.

eg <!--<script type="text/javascript">--> 

the "<!--   -->" tags make it a comment instead of javascript, which is Active Content.  The bots are probably picking up the words "text/javascript" as active content.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

The last email I received stated that I had 15 listings (out of 1000) with active content and they gave me 12 IDs to check.  I removed the active content from 9 of the listings (all were sellathon counters from very old listings) and the other 3 IDs did not exist.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply