international postage

Hi, I have a watch for sale with no international postage, I have just received a message for a total cost to send to greece. buyer has a feedback score of three. What are the implications/dangers of sending to Greece.

Thanks

Chris

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

international postage

cq_tech
Community Member
Like many southern EU countries, I'd imagine that corruption in govt depts is rife, but your buyer's biggest issue is likely to be import duty. I hope he knows what he could be up for in that regard, assuming he's not a scammer. Personally, I'd have nothing to do with it.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

international postage

If you don't want to send internationally it is not enough to just not quote postage, you need to go into your buyer preferences and block anyone with a primary delivery address you do not post to.

I would not be sending a watch to Greece.

See what a trendsetter I am?

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

international postage

If he had higher feedback I might do it, but with 3 feedback, nah, too risky. Scammers. plus, I seem to remember there being a higher percentage of lost mail to EU countries

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

international postage

cq_tech
Community Member
Like many southern EU countries, I'd imagine that corruption in govt depts is rife, but your buyer's biggest issue is likely to be import duty. I hope he knows what he could be up for in that regard, assuming he's not a scammer. Personally, I'd have nothing to do with it.
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

international postage

If you don't want to send internationally it is not enough to just not quote postage, you need to go into your buyer preferences and block anyone with a primary delivery address you do not post to.

I would not be sending a watch to Greece.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

international postage

If he had higher feedback I might do it, but with 3 feedback, nah, too risky. Scammers. plus, I seem to remember there being a higher percentage of lost mail to EU countries

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

international postage

Thank you for the advice I will not be posting, i thought when you click the no international postage that is what it meant. but I would suppose that would be to easy lol.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

international postage

@chrisco62 wrote:

Hi, I have a watch for sale with no international postage, I have just received a message for a total cost to send to greece. buyer has a feedback score of three. What are the implications/dangers of sending to Greece.

Thanks

Chris

if the eBayer has only messaged you then that does not mean that they will be able to bid/buy.

Have you checked your blocked bidder activity list to see if they have tried?  If they have, then it should show in that list.  If they haven't, then you can reply to the message with "I don't post overseas, sorry" and then place their ID on your Blocked Bidder List just to be sure they do not bid/buy.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply