invoice from ebay

I rarely use ebay and only have been on there lately as my ads in gumtree have pop ups promoting to list for free in ebay which I have done and only because of that. I received today a very large invoice for these ads on ebay. I have not sold any of my items and now I'm expected to pay $120 for the service. I also not able to pay at the moment as my husband is not working and it is a lot of money to find considering I haven't sold any of my items. The second issue I have had is that an item was accidentally listed twice which I didn't realise, I wondered why I had a draft of the same item taht I had already listed and so I proceeded to finish the listing. I purposely wanted to sell my item at a price not by auction then I get a message from ebay followed up immediatley with a buyer text and paypal text saying my itemwas sold. I was completley taken offguard as I didn't know how it happened. This item to my knowledge was listed at a price and I have had buyers offering a price which I hadn't accepted as I wanted more money. than what they were offering. I have attempted to sell a slimline kitchen with one buyer buying then she turned around and said it didn't fit. i said that was fine and cancelled the invoice which I think is the right method going forward. I then separatley listed a fridge and then oven/cooktop combination thinking maybe I could sell these items as separate pieces but it seems I've created confusion in the market place. Today the buyer who cotntacted me last night was annoyed with ne as I said the item was not available just yet but that was only part of the reason, the other being it was way lower than the price I had previously been offered by other buyers overthe last 10 days approx. It was in fact $200 less. I didn't know until last night when that occurred that I had mistakenly listed the fridge by an auction method. I phoned the buyer and aplogised and he said he would be out of pocket for his insurance money of $30 for several days due to my error. I automatically retuend his money to his paypal the minute I saw and realised what had occurred last night. I am sorry for the error and I really hope that he can get his $30 back ASAP. I am still stuck with the $120 invoice from Ebay too. Can you help me to sort this out. Leanne. 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

invoice from ebay

Please try using paragraphs.

It seems from what I could glean from your post that you HAVE sold things.

If the sale doesn't go through it is up to you to cancel the sales.

eBay don't know if the item has been paid for, nor do they care. They take their sales fees when the item sells and have procedures in place for sellers to recoup those fees if the sale doesn't complete.

There is a wealth of information available in 'Help' at the top of every page. Once upon a time you used to have to complete a questionnaire before you could open a selling account. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to apply any more.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

invoice from ebay

You also have the kitchen set up you sold listed again, and the same outdoor setting listed three times

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

invoice from ebay

You have the outdoor setting listed 3 times with 3 vastly different prices? Please explain ๐Ÿ˜

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

invoice from ebay

One thing I will say is fees can get credited on your next month's invoice, depending on the billing period and when the cancellations happen.

But your post is too confusing. You say you only listed here prompted by gumtree, yet you have previous sales. It also sounds like you're stuffing buyers around while trying for higher prices. Then you throw in a sob story about your situation and how you can't afford the bill.

Here's the thing, if you use this platform to sell, you need to pay your fees. You can't just use it to advertise, it doesn't work like that so don't be crying poor when the bill comes in. The amount charged is only a percentage of the sale prices so you need to put money aside to pay the account

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

invoice from ebay

The promo doesn't track through properly to eBay, and despite generating the new eBay listing for you, it counts it as just.a regular listing. You need to contact eBay and have them manually credit the incorrectly applied final value fees.

It helps if you have screen grabs showing your gumtree ad with the little eBay advertisement for the promo on it. If you didn't make screen grabs at the time...you might need to innovate.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

invoice from ebay

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Every listing is BIN with Make an offer.....if you do not want buyers to make lower offers than your BIN prices you need to remove the make an offer option.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply