is it just me ???

last month was my worst trading period on record and this month is proving to be even worse

minimal sales ... no feedback ... next to no views ... not alot of anything

view counter seems to be broken

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

is it just me ???

it's not just you.  Woeful!!

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

is it just me ???

Me too! I must say though, October was the worst I've ever had in the 2 years I've been on eBay. Slight improvement but nothing to write home about.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

is it just me ???

Multiple reasons why, but yes terrible.

Buyers not finding items due to Google search changes, ebay technical problems, increased postage costs, and the downturn in the economy.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Is-ebay-still-glitchy-Down-Down-sales-are-Down-Sorry-C0les/...

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

is it just me ???

Maybe it's niches.

Oct-Nov was almost identical, dollar-wise, to Oct-Nov last year. This month is tracking to be better than last year.

Who knows? Not me, but I sell into a niche that doesn't have Chinese competitors.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

is it just me ???

No complaints from me.

The last few weeks have been great - probably seen a 15% increase overall.

I think a lot of people are buying my items as gifts or stocking stuffers for Xmas.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

is it just me ???

Your items would make fabulous Christmas gifts! I'd be stoked if someone gave me some of them!

My sales are up and down. Had a quietish week last week, but had a bit of a run over the weekend. I even had a bidding war on one of my items which is almost unheard of! Ended up with about 6,000% profit! I was NOT expecting that. I just wished I had another that I could have offered a second chance.

I'm actually not minding being a bit slow at the moment. Gives me a chance to catch up on other things that need doing this time of year.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

is it just me ???

Just checked my spreadsheet for last year and over the same period I cleared a few bucks more this year.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

is it just me ???

saarzi
Community Member

My sales last month were the best they have been in 10 months, but, still down on last year (by a third!).

Overall sales are still waayyy down on last year, the only difference that made November a little better was that it was clear people were buying clothes specifically for summer.  Nothing else is being touched.

Also, I had my first international purchase in three months yesterday. Last year I was posting international parcels 3 or 4 times a week. Strange, since the Aussie dollar is down 10% to what it was last year, so the prices are actually better for them now. I really think it due to EBays meddling.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

is it just me ???

x3n0m
Community Member

.. the 10% feegrab on postage pretty much means most Australians are backing away from international sales via ebay .. the ACCC have blood on their hands!!! and the cost of postage is just outrageous in Australia .. any seller who can navigate this minefield and come out on top deserves a medal .. in my opinion the field of opportunity that ebay offers is narrowing and Australians are watching their pennys .. I give it another year or two like this and imagine the Australian economy and unemployment rate will be at crisis point ..

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply