item description - menu for font changes and text colour etc is gone

Hi,

I am trying to type in the item descritpion into a new listing and the menu for font selection and text colours etc are all missing from above the listing box - so it just enters the data in some small text.

Also, I tried to work around a problem by using another listing that is similar and clicking sell similar. But when I did that the items description box was filled with computer speak about the formatting etc in between the description that is currently there! So it's just a page of text. I went back and opened that listing to check that as a current listing the description was not corrupted and the listing is fine, it just seems to change when I try to do a new listing.

Can anyone tell me why?

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I've had exactly the same problem since yesterday.. i spoke with ebay chat last night and they said nothing had changed and it must have been my internet browser,, something has happened since yesterday.....

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

So both our computers just happen to have a random internet browser problem?? What are the chances??

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Do you use IE as your browser?

Try the fix in this thread

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Whats-happened-to-the-create-your-listing-page/m-p/822385#M4...

Or switch to using Firefox or Chrome

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks for that,, yes it fixed the problem,, i think there was an IE update yesterday and something changed in it.. all good now

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Hi Thanks, yes managed to fix the problem with those links. Thanks again

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

sad to say, Im using the current IE  on Windows 8.1 and my fonts are gone and no sign of coming back. Guess Ill have to use the same link as u guys and get it working properly again.. then there were 3.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Have had same problem...but ebay themselves seem to not know  about it and perhaps should...??!!

Thanks ..I'll have a look at your solution!

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

it is highly unlikely, after THREE YEARS, that your problem is the same.

If it is (doubtful) there would be many newer, more relevant threads you could have bumped.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply