just had a friend of mine tell me about a great delivery service and pricing

i have never used them  but they charge anything in your own city up to 25kg  under $10....  2kg parcels any city under $11  and 5kg parcels under $15      they also pick up from you.  they use toll and delivery please ,and others. might be a good alternative , and i am told they are fast next city up to 2 days  ,same city same day or next day.   its [ sendle.com ]  who knows it might stop a few defects if its what it says.  good luck  , as i always say i will try something once ,if i am happy i will use ,if not  in the bin they go.

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

well that's good it works for you. Just don't think that becuase it works for you that is is for everyone. I have a PO box they don't delivery to PO Boxes. Couriers are a huge headache for a lot of buyers infact I won't buy from anyone who states they are using a courier I'm sure I am not alone there. Australia is a big place and couriers only service a very minute part of that where as Australia post service the whole of australia.
Message 21 of 29
Latest reply

@5kazam wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

Issues with collection from the seller, issues with buyers not being home for receipt and having to travel a long way to a depot (of which there a few compared to Post Offices) for collection.

The fact that nearly all the brokers' cheapest courier is Fastway, and you get what you pay for.

I completely disagree with your points here.

1.  I have couriers come to my residence to collect parcels.  They range from Couriers Please, Startrack, Toll, and unfortunately on one occasion, Fastway.

2.  I only send by courier if it is cheaper, AND the buyer has taken up that option.  How hard is it for a seller to get the alternative delivery cost and put it to the buyer??

3. I find that buyers will only take the courier option if it is convenient for them.  So no going to depots for collection, etc. Again, how hard is it to give people an option?

4. Defnitely can't agree with your last sentence.  It isn't a FACT.  The broker I use (Interparcel), does not have Fastway as their cheapest courier - except for one occasion.  And if Fastway ever came up again as the cheapest, I would just give a buyer the Aust Post cost. 

1. So you have 100% success rate with couriers picking up your parcels if you're not home?

4. You DON'T get  what you pay for?

Personally, my goods will comfortably go with AP, generally cheaper than a courier, so to an extent I am theorising. But I have heard enough stories of sellers/buyers waiting at home all day for pickup/delivery that I am not going to bother to try to source a marginally cheaper option and spend even 1 hour off work waiting for pickup. Same for delivery.

Message 22 of 29
Latest reply

Yes Dave, I do have 100% success rate of parcel collection.  If not home, the driver leaves the signed manifest copy under my front door.

And with the exception of Fastway (misnomer!!), I DO get what I/purchaser pay for - cheaper and faster delivery.

I agree with HBH that courier is not always an option - PO boxes, location, etc.  So naturally, those parcels sent with Aust Post.

The main thing is that if I'm able to offer an alternative to Aust Post that is cheaper, then I let the buyer make the call.  

You state that AP is generally cheaper than a courier. (??!!)  One recent Melb to Sydney - AP $25.00, courier <$14.50.  By my maths that is a considerable saving, not marginal.  It was a biggish box containing 1 dozen crystal glasses.

My point 3 covers your last sentence.

Message 23 of 29
Latest reply

to davewill   it does not matter what sellers use , this is not about using this courier ,as i have said if you are looking for an alternative delivery service , if not  dont worry about it.  we have had post of defects complaining about time  , also why dont aust post have a sachell   between 500gr  and 3 kg.

well this has a 2 kg parcel rate 1 price , my mate uses that now as his items weigh aprox 1.5 kg , he how pays $9.75 compaired to $13 or $14 ,   this courier will prob not suit me as it seems good for smaller parcels  but i will use them as an alternative for expensive locations that cost about $35   will now bw about $18, so its up to the buyer.it just gives me an option thats all.  and this post is all about who ever wants an option.  i might use this newer company 4 times a year and use my normal courier 400 times a year .

very simple.

Message 24 of 29
Latest reply

I had a look at Sendle the other day and they seem alright for larger items but they only have 4 size options to choose from. 

There is no ebay integration (which I absolutely love with Temando) and there is no option to choose which courier you want to use and it doesn't even tell you which courier it will go with until I assume you actually create the order.  I did a dummy order going from Sydney to Adelaide for 1kg.

Sendle don't have a 1 kg option or smaller, whereas Temando do, so if I want to send a 1kg parcel it is way cheaper using Temando and going with either Fastway or Couriers Please.

Of course, like all couriers, they are better suited for metro areas.

temando.jpg

Message 25 of 29
Latest reply

that seems good   might check them out  .  as i said alternatives are good , having more options are great   some companys are better for certain goods some are worst. thats why i was looking for cheaper expensive delivery suburbs.

Message 26 of 29
Latest reply

I got a quote to post a parcel of stuff I'd sold here via AP and then tried sendle and sendle was 1/7 of the price plus they pick up the parcel! Used them for the first time today. So far so good.

Message 27 of 29
Latest reply

It still doesn't alter the fact that Sendle is a courier broker/logistics company that uses Couriers Please and Fastways among other courier companies.  You are just adding another level of paperwork.

Message 28 of 29
Latest reply

And nothing to do with AP's Express network.

Oops, wrong thread. What happens when people spam the boards with the same info on multiple threads. I lose track.

Message 29 of 29
Latest reply