misuse of money back guarantee

I had a seller that opened a case where she said she couldn't track the item number wasn't working and therefore thinking that the item will not be received. In all honesty she purchased a Zimmermen dress for a bargain from me $200 when RRP$450 and she now whats to receive the dress and got back her refund!! This is so unfair as a seller I'm just outraged that Ebay will back this fraudulent buyer and issue a refund when I have all the proof that I have lodged the package with the Australian Post Office and the tracking number that goes with it. I have emailed her and she is rude!! Hopefully I might be able to intersept the package! 

Does anyone knows if thats possible? I will be going to the post office in the morning...so dissapointed!!

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

"AusPost is advertising now that you can change an address for delivery while your package is in transit. If ebay has refunded this buyer already I would call Asutralia Post and ask them not to deliver it to the original address and post the parce back to you."

==============

In principle that sounds like a novel idea (??) but I would not want to rely on Australia Post to ever get that right, let alone have that done for free !

To just have an item retrieved once posted costs megabucks already and how does Australia Post monitor for a parcel to go somewhere else than what it is addressed to when it is already in transit ??

Australia Post is already confused enough trying to deliver items to the original address, let alone having to cope with an address change in mid air !

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

So very true.

I have now managed to upload snap shot of the tracking info and the fact that it was sucsessful in getting to the buyer.

Ebay have now refunded the money back into my account!!! Yay!!

Thank you to all who commented and shared their advice ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

lesson learned i hope, when posting expensive items perhaps spending an extra $5 for sign on delivery is a good investment.

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

Hi,

Just thought that I update you guys on this topic!

After being credited back the amount $$ 200 in my PayPal account they took it back through the invoice!!!.....Ebay sent me an invoice that included the $200 from the money back gurantee and took it back as I have a set up direct debit for my invoices from my bank!!

Ummm.......i mean Really???

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

Who took the money from your account. Ebay or Paypal?  

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

esayaf
Community Member
It is called the eBay money back guarantee and it would seem that eBay got their money back
Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

I think you will need to ring eBay to get clarification on what grounds they removed money from your account.  I am sure there are some legal issues here.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply