my feedback rating went down by one point

Hello community embers

i went to check my ebay profile today to find that my feedback rating has droped by one point , from 137 to 136 

this seemed very unusual to me 

has any one else came across this issue before and if so how did you resolve it ?

any kind of answer is apreciated 

thanksSmiley Happy

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Your feedback is from the last 12 months, so the 1 point could be one that has dropped off that was left 12 months ago. I think that's how it works anyway. I know my brother hasn't bought or sold for a few years and his feedback shows as 0, but you can still see the feedback that has been left.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

*mobile63*
Community Member

Your feedback number( 136) isn't just for the last 12 months. It stays there for good and increases with more feedback given for more transactions

Only the feedback % goes back to zero if no transactions have been made within the last 12 months.

ebay used to remove all feedback ( including positive ) left  by users who are no longer registered within 90 days of joining but I'm not sure if that still applies. That may have happened to you.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Only the feedback % goes back to zero if no feedback is received for  transactions which have been made within the last 12 months.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Buyer:

k***m (9)

No longer a registered user

Good chance they didnt have their account 90 days. But is it suppose to completely remove it from view or just subtract it?

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Hi There. I would contact eBay and see what they have to say. Good Luck  🙂

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

@*mobile63* wrote:

Your feedback number( 136) isn't just for the last 12 months. It stays there for good and increases with more feedback given for more transactions

Only the feedback % goes back to zero if no transactions have been made within the last 12 months.

ebay used to remove all feedback ( including positive ) left  by users who are no longer registered within 90 days of joining but I'm not sure if that still applies. That may have happened to you.

Hmmm, that's interesting! I wonder why my brothers says 0 feedback and 0%. Maybe it was a glitch when I was snooping around a few weeks ago.

I wonder with the OP if someone has withdrawn their feedback? Could that be a possibility?

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

The number next to the star is the total FB (score) received over the course of the membership - if you look at my FB profile, you will see that I've received a total of 1720 FB, but multiple purchases during the same week will only provide 1 FB point, so my actual score is 1289. FB received this year = 313, and my percentage is at 100% because I have received FB in the last 12 months. You can have one million FB, but if none were issued in the last 12 months, the percentage will be 0%. 1 pos FB will result in 100%

eBay do still remove all FB left by recently registered members if they are made NARU (not a registered user) but the FB will disappear completely. It's happened to me a few times, and once I was able to see which member it was because the transaction was still showing in my recent sales history on eBay. 

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

My feedback went down by one today. It was 1754 now it is 1753. I have asked eBay why this has happened and am waiting for them to answer my email.

So what else is going to happen?

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

see above........digi has expalined quite well

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply