my video is not ebay compliant

Hi Guys and Gals,

Well if anyone out there knows how to list a youtube video on a listing which will pass active content test as I keep getting mine showing as unexceptable.

I contacted Ebay and they came back with just put the link up instead. I don't like that idea as the video embedded is what helps sell my items.

Here is one of my current listings which is compliant except for video

I've tried all different codes to no avail, I've even converted the video file to mp4 and hosting it elswhere from youtube as Ebay does not except youtube videos when the change over happens.

I'm using sendvid.com as the host which is not on Ebay's list of providers they won't except.
Ebay say they will except video's on your listing, but won't help show us how to get it compliant for the coming change.
Don
Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

except?? or accept??

As far as I can work out, anything that moves in a listing is not acceptable. Which is why ebay is telling you to put in a link, rather than embed the video.
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I've been looking into that too.  I found this website that might help.  I haven't tried it yet.  https://tamebay.com/2017/03/embedding-video-into-ebay-listings-without-active-content.html

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I hope that's not what we have to accept, but who are we to question why, but to do or die!

Don

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Haven't seen that site, so will check it out. Thanks

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply