parcels going missing

Ever since I have started listing books cheap with cheap normal post, I have had an increase in missing parcels

On my other account, I have sold 29 in the past month, 11 items missing. Considering before then I dont really use plain old normal post, I think some of these one may be trying to just get a refund?

They all paid by PayPal so since I also offered Registered Post and they chose not to use it, will PayPal still see in their favour if they lodge a dispute?

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

parcels going missing

You are right. It is better use registered post service to protect your parcels. Now I am use eparcel, it is so good. You can track your parcel easily and good help from post office in case there is something going wrong with your parcel. / Sigmatraders
Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

parcels going missing

Click and Send is what we use for all books which exceed large letter size which for us is most of them. It works out cheaper than regular satchels and has tracking at no extra cost which meets Paypals criteria. It lists the items awaiting postage, imports the buyers details, sends an email to the buyer and adds the tracking number to the Ebay listing.

My loss rate through Australia Post is about 1 in the 1000 so if you are losing a third of your books there is something very wrong with something somewhere - do you hand address or use labels, are your labels peeling off in transit, are you paying the correct postage rate, have you tried using a different post office - are you selling books on petty crime to petty criminals......   🙂

Ad astra per alia porci — To the stars on the wings of a pig
Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

parcels going missing

I hand write them if I send them through in a yellow A$ envelope or a padded envelope, only labels that dont sticke well sometimes is my return address one - they really hate cardboard!

My local AP know me well, they know I often come in with large amounts and miost times I get to jump the queue 🙂

They all go at the correct rate as I have the big letter gauge here when they gave me one a few months back

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

parcels going missing

If you trust your local then there may be an issue with the contractor that picks up from your local AP or at the sorting centre as that is the only common handling of your items.

Report the issue to your local AP as there may be others in your area which are having the same problem.
Ad astra per alia porci — To the stars on the wings of a pig
Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

parcels going missing

Flashback, we don't know what to think, but the conclusion - as much as it's  unsavoury it seems to point at the customers trying it on.
Before Click & Send we had heaps over the years of non received items, since Click & send - none, zero, zippo, zilch - and we send many more parcels now than before, as one gets progressivelly busier  with natural growth in t/over.
We asked at our post office, know them well, used them for the last 12 years - they told us that Regular parcels get delivered in exactly the same manner as Click & Send, given at the door, left at the L/box, or left a card if no one home - so Click & Send don't get any prefferential treatment, unless they are with signature.
So the only difference here from customer's point of view is that there is a proof of delivery so they know they can't claim non delivery (if they are that way inclined).
Also, we have heard (and seen) a customer who ONLY buys items on Ebay that are  listed with regular postage and claims non receipt in almost every instance - and keeps getting away with it!
Cheers, JHS

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

parcels going missing

Just reas a message from the buyer in question, apparently she hasnt got other items at around the same time as i posted more books to her. she admitted she never updated her postal address

Pretty much isnt my problem, I sent to her eBay and payPal registered address, if she moved and never updated the address, it's not my fault if it went to her old address
Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

parcels going missing

Had the same thing happen to me.

Sent the item to address XYZ only to be advised 2 days later that they had moved, but hadn’t updated their contact details.

Long story cut short: item sent regular post to old address; buyer lodges an item not received claim with PayPal; PayPal decided for the buyer on the grounds postage wasn’t proved; sent them a copy of the email received from the buyer notifying of the change of address 2 days after it was sent and giving them 2 days to reverse their decision or they can explain the rationale behind their decision to the ombudsman.

Outcome; decision reversed with 36 hours to spare.

That is, you can always achieve the required outcome, but only if you acquire the knowledge as to what buttons to push, and how to push them.  

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

parcels going missing

Well Well isn't this exciting lol

The books got returned to my PO Box today lol at least I know where they are 🙂

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

parcels going missing

tall_bearded I printed what you said, I'll take that little gem and well and truely ledge it.

lee

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply