paypal buyer protection

Yes another thread about paypals fantastic buyer protection. This has probably been said before but i don't care.

Example : Buyer purchases item from ebay and pays by paypal. The seller ships using 'click and send' which comes with a nice tracking number (no requirement for signature on delivery is selected).

The item then goes missing, a claim is lodged by the buyer with paypal and they loose because the seller can prove shipping as required for paypal.

The seller then gets negged and bad feedback on ebay and looses top seller rating and the buyer ends up with no item and no money.

Isn't paypals buyer protection just great.

Message 1 of 50
Latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

paypal buyer protection

Well at least the seller can request feedback removal on basis of winning paypal claim 😞

Message 2 of 50
Latest reply

paypal buyer protection

The seller should then go to Aust Post and put in a complaint and have the item looked for.

If nothing is found then seller is given compensation for up to $50 to then pass onto buyer.

The idea of C&S is to protect the buyer.

Is anything showing in the AP tracking site at all?

Message 3 of 50
Latest reply

paypal buyer protection

The seller should then go to Aust Post and put in a complaint and have the item looked for.

If nothing is found then seller is given compensation for up to $50 to then pass onto buyer.

The idea of C&S is to protect the buyer.seller

Is anything showing in the AP tracking site at all?

Message 4 of 50
Latest reply

paypal buyer protection

Hey there sparklz

Aust Post do not compensate anymore for C&S satchels without signature requirement.  Been there & done it three times 😞  

Message 5 of 50
Latest reply

paypal buyer protection

The seller then gets negged and bad feedback on ebay and looses top seller rating and the buyer ends up with no item and no money.

I suppose the buyer can always look for recourse with the Fair Trading office or small claims court, but I don't know how they'd go with it, or even which party they would have to claim against, the seller or Paypal.

I assume the claim would be against the seller rather than Paypal though as it would be the seller holding the payment by then so they would be the obvious target to me.

Everyone has a right to expect that they will receive the goods they paid for no matter who lost it or why it never arrived so they must be able to claim a refund or their goods somehow one would assume.

I tend to believe Paypal's decision to refuse refund would be overturned in a court if it ever got that far, but unless a case is put before a court no-one is ever likely to find out how it turns out.

Paypal MUST abide by the banking laws of Australia at the end of the day, not just their own policies.

As for the post office giving a $50 refund to the seller to forward onto the buyer ... 

I don't think that would go down too well if the buyer is still out of pocket by a few bucks if the lost goods were valued higher.

I would be very interested to see a final decision by a court if it ever happens.

Message 6 of 50
Latest reply

paypal buyer protection

This actually has not happened to me. I have just been reading some posts where some still think that C&S and Paypal offer the buyer some form of protection (in the case I have shown)when they clearly do not.

Message 7 of 50
Latest reply

paypal buyer protection

As for the post office giving a $50 refund to the seller to forward onto the buyer ... 

I don't think that would go down too well if the buyer is still out of pocket by a few bucks if the lost goods were valued higher.

That is why any seller,who knows what they are doing, would send anything over $50 with signature required, and anything over $100 with appropriate insurance.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 8 of 50
Latest reply

paypal buyer protection

That is why any seller,who knows what they are doing, would send anything over $50 with signature required, and anything over $100 with appropriate insurance.

Fair comment and fully understandabe

Message 9 of 50
Latest reply

paypal buyer protection

its probably another case for PROOF OF DELIVERY not proof of postage. Paypal need to change to this.

Message 10 of 50
Latest reply