positive and 5 stars

I just wanted to say something about this.On a thread recently a seller said they could not understand why a buyer would leave a positive without 5 stars in every line.At the time I had to go to work and now I cannot find thread to reply but thought it was interesting.

I have only ever left one Neg in all my transactions but have marked down stars due to one thing being wrong like post;

For example, I brought some plant bulbs off a seller and on asking for post was told they would need a 5kg express post bag at $25 ..OK I agreed I assumed they must be big

When they arrived They were actually 1.3 kg ,she had used a 5kg express post bag  stuffed with newspaper so I got what I paid for but To this day it is a mystery to me why she needed a 5kg express post bag for 1.3kg of bulbs that last fine in post.The bulbs were great big healthy ones and she had given me 20 extra so I would not consider a neg but gave pos and 5 stars for description,communication and post time but 2 stars for post cost .as everything else was great

I think that this was fair as it would not be in anyway fair to neg her over it when that was all that was wrong and the stars are a way to reflect where there is only a small problem in one area .

Message 1 of 94
Latest reply
93 REPLIES 93

positive and 5 stars

@thecatspjs wrote:

In the OP the post cost quoted and paid was $25.

Plan bulbs must be signficantly bigger in other states than they are in Victoria.

I guess it depends on the bulbs, which from memory, the OP didn't mention. My grape hyacinth bulbs range from tiny, to what I'd class as small. My mini daffodils I'd class as small. My freesias are small. My Crocus are small. My tulips range from tiny to medium. My jonquils and full size daffodils I'd class as medium to large. My Red Hot Pokers are medium. My Arrum lillies are large. My Asiatic lillies are medium to large. My Gladiola's range from small to large. My Naked Pink Ladies are huge. My neighbours Agapanthus bulbs are huge..By huge, I am talking 500+g each.

I am guessing by the weight the OP mentioned that she hadn't bought Pink Ladies or Agapanthus. Some of my larger bulbs, even though they are large, they aren't very weighty, especially when they are dormant. Their weight can reduce by half when dormant.

The point I'm trying to make is, even though the weight was only 1.2kg, the volume of the bulbs may not have fit into a 3kg satchel unless they were thrown in without anything to protect them. I'm guessing the buyer would have been pretty miffed if they were sent unprotected in a plastic bag and arrived all squished or damaged in some way.

Message 71 of 94
Latest reply

positive and 5 stars

Ok my bad, you are obviously have more facts than i do, i'm dealing with the fact that the OP was QUOTED $25.00.

The OP then had the right to question the price or not, the facts state that she did NOT question the QUOTED price of $25.00, now she is having a sook about it and marked the seller down on there honesty in being up front with the postage costs.

No wonder sellers get the **bleep**s.Smiley Frustrated

Message 72 of 94
Latest reply

positive and 5 stars

RMP, you have to remember that cats has all the info on everything and she is always right, regardless and everyone else is always wrong. Even if it's white and everyone else can see it's white, she will say it's black and even when proven wrong, will still say it's black to prove that she's right.

I agree with what you say. The buyer ASKED for a postage quote. She GOT a postage quote. She obviously AGREED to the postage quote as she BOUGHT the bulbs. If she didn't want to pay $25 for postage, plus get 20 FREE bulbs in the process, she was under no obligation to buy,

I have asked for postage costs before. If I felt they were too high, I DIDN'T BUY THE ITEM. I certainly wouldn't buy it then come in here whinging about how I paid too much, or ding someone's stars because they charged me what they quoted.

Message 73 of 94
Latest reply

positive and 5 stars

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

On reading this thread again, I think the OP was cruel to ding that sellers stars for postage cost. Especially as she asked for a quote and got it. She agreed to that quote because she bought the bulbs. it was a low act, especially when she just went ahead and did it, knowing full well she had already agreed to the postage cost.

If the seller had charged for a 5kg satchel and then put them in a 500g satchel, then absolutely, the OP would have something to complain about. She paid for a 5kg satchel and not only got that, she got 20 extra bulbs that she didn't pay for!

I wonder what the reaction would have been if the seller stuffed them into a 3kg bag with no protection and they got squashed?

The OP sounds hard to please to me and I don't think I'd want her buying from me. I'd get my stars dinged purely for having a handling cost of 80c on my parcel items.

I have bought plenty of items where the postage cost is more than I would expect it to be. The reason being, they send in a satchel as opposed to a parcel. One seller I used to buy a lot from shipped everything in a 3kg satchel, regardless of whether it was only 150g. It was up to me whether I wanted to pay it. If I CHOSE to pay it, I'd never think about dinging anyone's stars because of MY choice.

The OP cruel and hard to please - I don't think so.

Message 74 of 94
Latest reply

positive and 5 stars

Yep, very hard to please.

I hope the OP  or anyone else doesn't buy from you then commit the same act.

Message 75 of 94
Latest reply

positive and 5 stars

@robinsonmarineparts wrote:

I hope the OP  or anyone else doesn't buy from you then commit the same act.

What do you mean ?

Message 76 of 94
Latest reply

positive and 5 stars

Have you read any of my posts?

What a stupid question.Smiley Surprised

Message 77 of 94
Latest reply

positive and 5 stars

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

RMP, you have to remember that cats has all the info on everything and she is always right, regardless and everyone else is always wrong. Even if it's white and everyone else can see it's white, she will say it's black and even when proven wrong, will still say it's black to prove that she's right.

I am unclear who is "everyone" is, my view is pretty much the same as other posters who commented at the start of the thread - Kopes and Horizon.

My perspective is based on the OPs post and the situation the OP outlined, without questioning their judgement or character, as it seemed to ring true to me.

Message 78 of 94
Latest reply

positive and 5 stars

Well good for you.

Now i've got this Bridge for sale....................................................................................lolSmiley Wink

Message 79 of 94
Latest reply

positive and 5 stars

"The bulbs were great big healthy ones and she had given me 20 extra ...

from the opening post. Great BIG healthy ones...plus a bonus of 20 bulbs.
Message 80 of 94
Latest reply