postage cost

Hi guys, hope everyone is well!! Has anyone experienced lately buyers bidding on an item and then stating they'd refuse to pay if they won the item as they wanted to buy it straightaway (item was listed under auction not buy it now) and delivered the next day even though the auction wasn't going to finish for another 2 days?

Or other buyers who have won an item and then asking to pick it up when it was not an option?? I've recently come across this and bluntly stated pick up was not an option as the buyer thought postage would not cost more than $5 and quite silly to pay that amount since living in the same city. I should also state this person won a pair of 2nd hand jeans for $1.04 when in reality a new pair of jeans costs way more than $10!!! Even salvation army doesn't sell jeans for less than $10!!! This is a BARGAIN!!!

I feel quite frustrated that as a seller Ebay seems to make it easier for buyers to screw us over. Anyone else agree? 

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

postage cost

Buyers can only screw you over if you let them.

If they ask for pick up when it was not listed then if they have not paid 4 days after the end of the sale then open a non payer dispute and if still nothing 4 days later close to give them a non payer strike and add them to your BBL.

As for the other tell them it is posted after payment has been received if they win and that is when the postage comes into effect NOT while it is still an active listing and again as above if they have not paid 4 days after the end of the sale then open a non payer dispute and if still nothing 4 days later close to give them a non payer strike and add them to your BBL.

You can only get screwed if you allow it too happen.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

postage cost

Wow nessa, you copped it bad on this one!

I have had someone request pick up after purchasing an item and I don't offer it. I organised for her to collect from my friends office as I prefer my privacy at home in fact I bent over backwards to accommodate her, didn't even get a thank you kiss my a#@** nothing!

I wont bother again.

I feel for you. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply