problem with ebay postage

Hi,

I think most of the sellers may not know that ebay has technical problem with ebay postage setting. Please do not reply on the automatic calculation setting of postage fee for your products. It is better to set the postage fee manually to $7.40 if you would like to use ebay for postage. The system only charge the buyer $7.15 (old postage fee) while you have to pay $7.40 to creat a postage label from ebay system. $0.25 may be a small difference for a product but it is different story for 100 products.

When I complaint to ebay customer service, they replied that Auspost revised postage from 3/10 but it is not reflecting on ebay website due to technical error. They recommend me to ask extra postage fee from buyer. The problem is the payment was received via paypal, and extra cost will charge from seller for another $0.25 transaction if I ask for it from the buyer. They should handle the problem as it is their technical error. However, they replied me that If you wish to waive your dispute, please contact AusPost. It sounds like "Just deal with it by yourself and it is none of my business".

I think they should inform the sellers about the technical issue they have and give more training to the staff about customer service.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

The seller sets the postage cost on the listings not eBay.

So it is up to the seller to have the correct postage in their listings.

As it is now $7.40 you need to put that as the cost when you create the listings.

It is up to you as a seller to be aware of any changes to adjust your listings accordingly.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

My point is Ebay should inform all seller about the technical error they have and should tell all seller not to use the  "Calculated: Cost varies by buyer location" setting.

For domestic postage section, the seller can set "Calculated: Cost varies by buyer location" and the system will automatically calculate the postage. However, the calculation of postage is incorrect and is not updated to new postage fee due to the technical error of Ebay. It is the technical problem of ebay!! but not the seller or Auspost.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

eBay ALWAYS take at least a month to update the postage calculator, and almost always blame AP.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply