ps4 scalpers

ebay should introduce a new rule for people selling ps4 console bundles at an over inflated price . for example they could only allow 10% extra charge for handling, on top of recommended retail price of new consoles that hav'nt been unpacked and 10% less for used or unpacked consoles. this measure would curb scalpers and help protect sonys  marketing interests.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

ps4 scalpers

I'm sure Sony can look after themselves.

Are these consoles in short supply? If not, then nobody should be paying over the odds (unless it is worth it to them to have the item delivered to their door - like if they don't live in a major metropolitan centre). if so, eBay allow scalping, whatever we might personally think.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

ps4 scalpers

tstore
Community Member
I disagree. These consoles are high in demand and sold out until March 2014. Something is worth as much as people are prepared to pay.
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

ps4 scalpers

spoken like a true scalper

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

ps4 scalpers

If the bidding begins at a price LOWER than the RRP, then it is totally upto the bidders not to bid higher than the RRP. If they decide to go over the RRP, thats their problem.

But if the scalper has an inflated Buy It Now price or a high auction start price, its wrong.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

ps4 scalpers

Morally maybe, and I agree.

But not legally. And people can always wait a few months until Sony releases some more. Unlike concert tickets.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

ps4 scalpers

tstore
Community Member
Sounds like OP is annoyed he didn't preorder one or jealous? If I preordered one of course I would offload it for a $500 profit over RRP as I would be happy to wait 3 months to get another one as there isn't a great selection of games yet ๐Ÿ™‚

And wouldn't feel one bit guilty either as I am sure the winning bidders would be happy they had one for their kids :0)
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

ps4 scalpers

PS Sony's marketing department I am sure are loving it as it clearly demonstrates to everyone how in-demand the console actually is and they see value in this as more genuine buyers will continue preordering these consoles for the next batch to ship
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

ps4 scalpers

Thats like saying if you go to a House auction on Saturday afternoon and the Real Estate has estimated it will sell for $500k, when it hits $550k they have to stop the auction and give it to that bidder

No one MAKES people buy on eBay, and certainly not at over inflated prices. People pay what its worth to them, not what its worth to others.

Personally, I list most of my stuff withing 10% of retail price, sometimes above, sometimes below the retail price, which I think is a fair price and gives me enough profit to keep going. But if I`d known I could have doubled my money on PS4`s, trust me, I would have pre-ordered 50 of them.

Take into consideration, these "scalpers" as you like to call them quite often get their fingers burnt, and lose alot of money when they can`t offload something they thought was going to be popular and profitable. Its not all money making for them. Swings and Roundabouts

And NO, I`m in no way associated with scalping, just in favour of people being able to buy what they want at the price its worth to them

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

ps4 scalpers

Just out of interest, how much was a PS4 released for at retail price ?

Just had a quick look and a guy has them at $999 and has sold 70+ units (although he obviously adjusts his price accourding to demand, between $849 and $999)

Good luck to him I say, give him plenty of profit to invest in the "next" thing people want to buy

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply