"Intermittent Problem" With Postage (Incorrectly) Overdue

Just a heads up, because this happened to me:

Buyer purchased, and paid for, 7 items on the 11th. All 7 items had 5-day handling times.

I went to print the label on the morning of the 12th, and it said "Postage Overdue - Send Now" because, apparently, I was supposed to have sent it on the 11th.

So I double-checked the postage method (standard delivery) and the handling time on each listing - all 5 days.

Contacted eBay - the rep said it was because of the "same business day handling time" setting in preferences, which "overrides" any handling time you specify. I knew that this wasn't true because

1. I haven't touched that setting ever,

2. there were other orders for the same items on the same day that were not showing as overdue, and

3. you can't disable #1 even if you wanted to (it makes you enter a same day cut-off time for at least one business day), so?

I pointed out 1, 2 and 3, and the rep finally came back and admitted that it's an "intermittent problem", issued me a reference number, and told me to quote it if I get a defect when my new evaluation period rolls around on the 20th. I'm almost sure I'll get one and will be needing the reference number.

So .... check your postage dates, and get a reference number from eBay if you notice any that say overdue when they are not.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Have you opted into anything, like eBay plus? When I was selling, I was constantly getting notices from eBay to try to sign up for something like this that opted you into a sending time of one day without any way to change it. So I guess if this is the case, it would not matter what you put in your ad. Regardless of the fact you have not changed any settings, I would check your site preferences and see what is selected there. Good luck with it.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

We had the same problem on 1 sale only (2 auction items for which we sent an invoice).

No other listings sold on the same day were affected, including auctions and those for which we sent an invoice.

Luckily it was to be sent as a large letter, without tracking, so won't affect us as late postage.
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Update - a second sale has just had the same problem.

Again, auction items for which we sent an invoice showing as overdue a day after payment.

BIN items for which we sent an invoice did not show as overdue.

We've checked the listings, and they all had 10 days handling. So it seems to be a problem with sending an invoice for auction items.

Frustrating to say the least!
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply