"Seller doesn't offer Combined Postage" - BUT I DO !

missdizzie
Community Member

My buyer is receiving a message saying 'This seller does not offer combined postage' when they submit a  request for a total for combined postage for mulptile purchases from me. The buyer says they have committed to purchase and want a new invoice but ebay says no combined postage is available. On my end I can not see the items as sold - so am I right in assuming they haven't properly committed to purchase??  Is there setting in my seller account I need to change or is this to do with Mobile app or something else?

There are 3 items all Buy it now all with AUst postage listed.

I have had similar experience as a buyer trying to buy from OS sellers who say they offer combined postage but at point of purchase can't . 

Any help is appreciated.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Go to your Account, then Site Preference, then scroll down to Postage preference, there is a edit button for

Offer combined payments and postage....Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

missdizzie
Community Member
I should add the buyer sent me a screen-shot of the message so I can confirm it says 'This seller has disallowed combined payments and postage discounts'. How do I revise this?
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Go to your Account, then Site Preference, then scroll down to Postage preference, there is a edit button for

Offer combined payments and postage....Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Awesome have done now. Will check in with buyer. Thanks for your prompt & helpful response. Have a great day.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

If that doesn't work - check your listings to see if the 'pay Immediately' button has been checked.

This may be why your items don't show as sold.

If this is the case - uncheck the button and let the buyer know. They need to empty their cart and commit to buy the items again without payment - this will allow you to send an Invoice with combined postage.

Let them know not to pay until they have the combined Invoice.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

If they are using the app then even if you manage to send a combined invoice, they won't be able to pay it.

What I do is set up a listing for all the items (usually using one of the ones they are after), put a BIN of way more than the items are worth, with best offer enabled. I message the buyer with the listing number and the acceptable price. They then offer the agreed amount, I accept, they pay.

The high BIN discourages narcs, the best offer means I only need to accept the offer of the intended buyer - on the off chance I get another offer. I find this takes only a few minutes and results in both the buyer and me being happy.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

This is a huge failing on eBay's part. I have encountered it so many times & walked many sellers through it. EBay does not automatically allow for combined postage, you have to set it up yourself.

Your buyer may have added items to their cart, then requested a total. I also believe if your items require immediate payment, then buyers cannot request a total for multiples either.

To set your sales to allow combined postage & invoicing, go to bottom of page & click on 'Help', then type in 'offering combined postage' & it will walk you through it.

I just wish eBay would fix this ridiculous flaw. What seller in their right mind would refuse to offer combined postage?

Many buyers just find it too hard & walk away, I know I have done so even after trying to help a seller who simply did not respond.

Another huge failing of eBay is the no combined shipping from overseas when seller using Global & International Priority Shipping.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

A seller might choose not to offer combined postage for a number of reasons - just because a seller does not offer it isn't indicative of a flaw.

Also, you've replied to davewil's comment from over 3 years ago - it will be interesting to see if he finds your response helpful after all that time.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I know how it works. I don't have immediate payment selected.

I believe, however, that if a seller has a promo running, combined postage becomes unavailable. As I have a blanket volume discount promo running, that might be the case.

I suggest you don't try walking ME through how to set up combined postage. I can't do it as the size of my items varies. One item might fit in a small satchel, but two might not. But three or four might.

@ tazzie - no.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply