sold an item on Tuesday and no response from buyer

Hi
I sold an item on Tuesday and the buyer hasn't responed to my messages about coming to collect the time.
I sent a message asking for it to be pick up by friday and they have ignore my messages what do I do?
Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

If they have already paid with PayPal, then open a case in the Resolution Centre. This usually gets people's attention. If they are paying when picking up the item, then I would send one more message stating that if they do not respond you will contact eBay and ask them to step in and help resolve the matter. Sometimes it takes a little gentle persuasion with an official message from eBay to get people to be polite and complete a transaction. Good luck!

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Help & Contact at the top of your pge.

If they haven't paid, as pickups should always be cash, open an unpaid item case with eBay.

After 4 days close it for a refund of your fees.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Non-responsive buyers are the worst.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

It's possible they couldn't pick up by friday so decided to let it go.

Also many ebayers are only on their computers a couple of times a week but as suggested open an unpaid item case and I suggest tomorrow evening.

The buyer then has 4 days to contact you and if no response close the case.

You get your fee back, buyer gets a strike and you are free to relist.

Then add the buyer to your Blocked Bidders List so they can't do it again.

(Agree moon, you just don't know where you stand).

image host
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

@jluvj4ever wrote:

If they have already paid with PayPal, then open a case in the Resolution Centre. This usually gets people's attention. If they are paying when picking up the item, then I would send one more message stating that if they do not respond you will contact eBay and ask them to step in and help resolve the matter. Sometimes it takes a little gentle persuasion with an official message from eBay to get people to be polite and complete a transaction. Good luck!

If they have already paid with PayPal, then open a case in the Resolution Centre

Exactly what case would a seller open for a buyer that has paid?

If they are paying when picking up the item, then I would send one more message stating that if they do not respond you will contact eBay and ask them to step in and help resolve the matter

eBay would not be able to do anything, it is up to the seller to open an UnPaid Item case after four days, and then close that case four days later if payment is not received.  However, for a pickup item this is likely to get the buyer's attention, and they would likely pay with PayPal.  PayPal does not offer seller protection for pickup items.  If the buyer funds their PayPal payment by credit card then there is a possibility of a chargeback being started some months later, especially if the buyer feels.

My advice for the Opening Poster, if your had a timeframe for pickup shown in your description then send a message reminding the buyer of this timeframe.  If you didn't state a timeframe for pickup then send a message giving the buyer 14 days to pickup or make alternate arrangements while also reminding them that PayPal does not provide buyer protection for pickup items, or else you will be starting the UnPaid Item process.

You could get their contact details from eBay and give them a call, but try not to sound too pushy or anxious about the lack of contact in the 4 days since the item ended.  If you ask eBay for their details then they will be given yours as well.  Might be worth it though as you would probably have given them your mobile/home number anyway to arrange pickup.  Good luck witht his transaction.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Have you given them your phone number? That is something I always do as soon as a pick up item ends inviting them either to give me a call to arrange pick up or give me their number so I can call them.

If I get no response by day 3 I pull their number and give them a call, if that doesn't resolve anything then I just open an unpaid item dispute when I can as I would for any other item.

If they have paid by Paypal then  would send them a deadline and then if they do not come and collect by then just relist or otherwise dispose of the item and be prepared to refund if they ask for their money back.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I get the feeling the item 'sold' on ebay but you have had no contact at all from the bidder & no payment.

If that is the case, then what has probably happened is the bidder has changed his or her mind & is just wasting your time. This happens with some sales.

But if you just sit back and do nothing, you will actually end up out of pocket as ebay will charge you commission fees on the sale.

So-do as the others have said. Four days after a sale where you have not been paid, you can open a non payment dispute. Do it now.

You will have to search the help pages but it is worth it.

Once you open that dispute, the buyer gets 4 days & if they don't pick up & pay in that time, you get your fees back.

And then you are able to relist.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

@jessizoey12 wrote:
Hi
I sold an item on Tuesday and the buyer hasn't responed to my messages about coming to collect the time.
I sent a message asking for it to be pick up by friday and they have ignore my messages what do I do?

Get used to it.

D.K.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

That is an unfortunate reply to a new seller.

Just because you have problems with ebay there is no need to br rude to others who ask for help.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply