the rediculous implementation of Managed payments for Pty ltd companies and partnerships

I have been selling on ebay for decades, however have never been able to sign up for managed payments because my business is ran through a partnership of two Pty Ltd companies.

Over the last couple months my listing privileges have been suspended, because I am not signed up to managed payments. I cannot sign up to managed payments due to the business structure (and managed payments not catering for it).

There have been promises by ebay to call, there have been extensions of the program, there have been more promises to call and fix it - in the last couple months my listing priviliges get temporarily suspended, and then after a few days right themself.

Today I woke up to a message (when I tried to list) that "your ability to list new items, relist and revise  listings has been suspended, effective immediately. To resume your listings, please sign up not for ebay to manage your payments at ebay.com.au/startpayments" - but of course you cannot due to company structures.

Currently been on the wait to chat since 8.29am with a 7 minute forecast wait time - it is now 8.50am

This platform is killing itself - and taking many loyal users down with a sinking ship

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

the rediculous implementation of Managed payments for Pty ltd companies and partnerships

Have a look through these boards and you ill find other threads (2 or 3 I think) that relate to trusts and partnerships - they have good info and some work arounds posted in the answers

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

They are collecting all personal information together with driver licence and other, and dont provide you with phone number. It is illegal!

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Then you need to report them to the ACCC and the ATO and the FOS and let us know the outcome.

Complaining of illegal activites on the alleged law breakers forum is not going to do much I wouldn't think

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

So if they were to re-open the call center which has been closed for over a year due to Covid, THEN it would be legal?

Is that what you are saying?

Please do contact the police and make a report, if you are aware of illegal activity then you are surely obligated to do something about it 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply