what a stupid thing 'Promotion' is

First of all, 'Promotion' barely works for me, it either not applies discount or just skip items.

I had an item which had its promotion finished, and I wanted to restart the promotion, guess what?! The items was just skipped by the promotion and the reason is 'Price', which means the price has been changed recently so that promotion was skipped. The only price change was from promotional price to regular price, and that prevents a new promotion? How does that logic work? 

If ebay could program the stupid website as good as how you are ripping off the sellers (the people how pay your **bleep**ing salary), at least we would feel a lot better. Shame on you!

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Note: you're not contacting eBay by posting on these boards. They are public forums on which any eBay member can post, and the responders are, like you, fellow eBay members who give voluntary helpful advice and information. (The standard of help is usually well above the type of cut-and-paste help provided by eBay customer service.)

You may need to read through all the ifs, buts and caveats in the Promotions manager Selling Tools page.

For instance...

Once a sale is active, you can't change the discount or add new items. You can edit the Sale event name, Sale event description, change the end date or select a new image directly on the Review and launch page.

To remove items from the sale, select the Edit link in the Discount type and items section, then select the item(s) you want to remove.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

You also can't add an item to a promotion within 7 days of the last one ending.

If you want to constantly run promotions, either run them for longer or reduce your normal price. A sale is not a sale if it's constant.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I ran a promotion on a particular item sold by the company I work for - we'd been selling one or two a week prior to that. During the promotion we didn't sell a single one - after three weeks or so, I cancelled the promotion.

And the items started selling again...

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Did you tell ebay this? 

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I don't know if you read my post. I didn't attempt to change anything, I just wanted to restart a promotion after it finished. It didn't succeed because item price has been changed recently. Then whey the price has been changed recently? Because the promotion finished, and price was changed back to regular price by eBay system.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

You obviously didn't read mine.

inter alia - You also can't add an item to a promotion within 7 days of the last one ending.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply