how do you stop verification on sign in

for some unknown reason since i clicked on the alert bell last night to check a message from an overseas seller, everytime i sign into ebay or change ebay sites it asks me to have them phone me a verification code to access my account everytime. this never used to happen, i just simply used to put in my user id and password and i was into my account. i cant have the phone ringing day and night waking the whole house up when all i want to do is access my account. has anybody got a solution. i gone to community forums and used solutions like clear cache and cookies, this just results in me having to race to other end of the house to get to the wall phone. i tried switching browsers. none of these fixes actually work. ebay help desk have got no idea and can only advise you on things that anybody who has ever used a computer for more than ten minutes in their lifetime would already know. the only advise ebay provides on signing in is make sure you caps lock key is not on. a person with an iq of zero would already know that. i cant leave the computer signed in all the time for security reasons and what good is it getting a phone call at home with a verification when most of the time i access ebay away from home. regards, Colin. PS this appears to have been a problem for some ebay users for close to 20 years according to the posts on google about this problem.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)